Visual novel anime adaptations

Where did they all go? I would much prefer them to gayass light novels.

Attached: 377670_screenshots_2015-11-07_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 264.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W4atId5S-RY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm tired of the complaints about the wrong path getting animated.
If you ignore WN->LN changes, light novel adaptations are pretty straightforward.

LNs are more straightforward, but are usually much worse as well. And not all VNs have multiple "true ends" or even routes at all.

I don't see the point of adopting VNs. Anime are almost never able to capture a VN well because there's no time to cover all the routes. The only two good VNs I can think of off the top of my head are White Album 2 and Steins;Gate. The former suceeds because it adopts the kinetic part of the VN and the latter because it mostly ignores everything except the true ending. People praise anime like Clannad but I for one don't like how they did things and found the main part of the story to be pretty unsatisfying.

Why is nana so fucking garbage? And I'm still mad at the twist of g senjou. Way too much coincidences for that to work.

Didn't they all keep flopping? Maybe that's why they died out.

bro? your muv luv anime?

Aren't VNs just getting less popular?

Isn't a summer pockets anime coming out soon?

Please. The wound still bleeds.

>tfw VN to hentai ova adaptation
These ones are the best. They don't ruin the story because they're not even trying to adapt the story and would rather just draw the animated sex scenes which are usually high quality as fuck.

Attached: Dragon_BASKETball.jpg (570x844, 218.34K)

VN adaptations are trash and the last good one happened over a decade ago.

The medium is much less popular than it used to be and also VNs are notoriously hard to adapt.

Sometimes its best to not think too much about the plot (good luck to anyone explaining the actual plot of Euphoria based on just the OVA).

The blessing and curse of VNs is the length, since you spend so much time with the cast/characters that major emotional moments have way more impact. However...the cost is many stories being horribly boring for dozens of hours (usually a 5-10 hour investment just to slog through dry common routes before things get good), which really drags down the appeal.

A nice highlight is how Tsui no Sora is regarded as one of the worst anime/hentai OVA ever, whereas it's the remake/perfected version in Subarashiki Hibi is considered one of the best stories told in the VN medium.

youtube.com/watch?v=W4atId5S-RY

VNs shouldn't get anime adaptations. Not only they are significantly harder to adapt than manga or light novels, but people that work on anime are fucking retarded. Just look at steins gate 0. Didn't they combine all or at least most endings??? They should focus on one ending, just like they did with Steins Gate.

>The only two good VNs I can think of off the top of my head are White Album 2 and Steins;Gate

I was genuinely sad while watching muv luv anime. Such an amazing story. Heavens Feel or even UBW showed us that fans don't want good adaptations. They want good animation and CGI. Characters, plot, themes don't matter to these people. The same thing will happen to Mahoyo and eventually Tsukihime, and Hollow Ataraxia adaptations. What vns beside these made by Type Moon can even get anime adaptation at this point? Umineko remake? Another Higurashi? Maybe new Steins they announced some time ago? Dead genre.

There's no reason why the Mahoyo adaptation has to be bad. The VN is structured very nice and neatly into two big climaxes. Two movies would work perfectly for it. Now of course if the upcoming movie adaptation turns out to only be one movie that tries to adapt the whole thing, then it will be rushed garbage.

You already turned it into a LN series, just give me an anime

Attached: image_2022-03-21_115630.png (800x450, 483.42K)

Most VN just aren't suited for anime adaptation at all, arguably just as bad as JRPG adaptations unless they get a good staff and enough episodes to tell its story properly.

Attached: Rewrite.jpg (600x857, 287.1K)

How come To Heart, the anime that made visual novel adaptions mainstream and set the formula for how to adapt visual novels, still has one of the best VN anime adaptions, but most VN adaptions afterwards fall completely on its face, like To Heart 2?

Remember My Memories doesn't exist.

Attached: ToHeart.jpg (2812x1413, 1.81M)

Because nobody writes good stories anymore and just shits out romcom moege trash with sex scenes?

Not really. They were never particularly popular to begin with. It might have seemed that way because of all the adaptations, which gave more publicity to their source material (though that doesn't necessarily translate to more people reading it).

There's still good recent stuff.

Sales have definitely declined hard compared to a decade or so ago.

Rewrite was trash on its own though. The writing had so many problems, the anime was practically guaranteed to be shit.

Visual novels evolved/devolved into gacha games. Just look at Key's latest project. They also never adapted that well. At least LNs are more condensed and practically written to be anime scripts half the time.

The character routes certainly had issues, but Common/Moon/Terra was great.

I'll give you the common route and Moon. But Terra's james bond bullshit that ripped the already gaping plotholes surrounding the amnesia stuff even more widely open is hardly something I'd call "great".