Hey guys normally i post is /an/ im a 43 yearold mom and my

hey guys normally i post is /an/ im a 43 yearold mom and my
My 13-year-old son just watched an Cartoon (anime??) called "Berserk", and he's been talking about stuff like The Idea of Evil & "The God Hand" to his friends. Should I be concerned?

Attached: berserk.jpg (602x529, 109.74K)

mommy?

Yes! Get that boy some Dragon Ball Z right this instant!

Attached: 1635737045725.jpg (1280x720, 207.27K)

Yes, I think you should be a little bit concerned, but not because he’s talking about the “The Idea of Evil” or the “God Hand”, you should be worried because in order to be talking about these topics and understanding them, it means he has gone through other events in the anime, like the “Eclipse"
This isn’t a Batman like hero sharing a kiss. Find out why. Even so, most of the Berserk Anime is pretty standard for Seinen, but the last two episodes are where the anime really pushes it as far the depictions of violence, gore and sex goes.
Here´s the episode title so you can judge by yourself the most shocking part:
"Berserk 1997" Remasterizado - Capitulo 25 Sufrimiento eterno
Assuming the question is genuine I suggest looking for the episode on YouTube or probably reading the manga and then talking about it with your son. While most teenagers are exposed to sex, violence and etc.… You should ask your son what he thinks about all of the things that happen in Berserk.

>having a child at 30
It was already too late for him

No. It's a semi-mature manga with a generally gritty tone whose general theme is the villainy of men, but it takes nothing lightly. The plot is the same as the art, really: nothing is ever glossed over but nothing is ever edgy for the sake of it.
In fact, the author was such an autist in meticulously crafting every page that he died before even getting close to finishing it.

Don't let him read the manga until he reaches an age where he realises the impact of what he's watching. He might watch it and not bat an eye but that ain't a good thing. Your meant to go same this is funked up instead of just blankly looking at it desensitised and blank. Also the anime adaptations are very mature but are no where near as explicit as the manga. Some really funked stuff happens, which is fine but he's gotta be impacted. That's not just about being concerned either, it's simply just way more impactful and the experience is far superior.

I need some proof ma'am. Show me them titties.

Yes. You need to peg him to save his soul.

Is this a pasta

>but nothing is ever edgy for the sake of it.
Lmao

Oh no. Your son watched a show and now he’s talking about the show with his friends? Must be demons. Definitely not normal children's behavior.

Beserk is widely regarded as one of the best anime/manga series ever. He probably enjoyed it and is now recommending it to his friends.

Though you should probably watch it with him and determine if you find it appropriate or not. Remember anime isn’t a genre, it’s a nationality. There’s anime for all kinds of audiences. Beserk is one intended for a more mature audience.

No, it is pure fiction, and he is an adolescent. He is mature enough to handle it. Unless your family has a history of mental health issues, it is fine.

With that said, Berserk is mature Japanese comic (AKA manga). If it was a movie, it would be R-rated for its violence.

However, as a guy who grew up with violent video games, comics, and movies, I say it is fine. I usually have the best grades, people like my personality, my mom is proud, etc. A violent book won't turn you into a psychopath. Not unless there is another deeper issue involved.

Some say that you should abstain from this type of thing to prevent obsession. But honestly? Anything can cause obsession. Too much exposure to ANYTHING is bad.

If I were you, I'd do the same thing my mom used to. If am not studying or doing chores because I am too busy entertaining myself, then punish him, ground him, scold him, etc. Problems usually appear due to a lack of discipline or sense of responsibility. The things they entertain themselves with (like movies, games, books, etc), have little impact on behavior.

Your daughter watch it bcoz its her type of genre. Also watching anime that has sexualized theme wont magically make your duaghter a slut or a sex offender.. The same applies to poeple who watch horror/violence does NOT make them criminals.

And this is coming from a conservative christian.

Ask your son if he'd be comfortable rewatching the show with you. Their response should tell you everything you need to know.

It's a pasta from quora ya gits.

it teaches important life lessons

Attached: based wyald and choice peasant ass.jpg (1132x1600, 344.88K)

>he thinks we're actually serious

You can't blame me, read the thread and tell me some anons haven't unironically taken the bait.
>Verification not required.

>My mother was 31
>35 for my younger brother
Did either of us have a chance?

sure- and if they had any critical thinking the post would immediately set off "this is bait" when OP posted manga pic, but talks as if they haven't seen the anime & knows nothing about berserk.

shit ain't rocket science, if people want to unironically take the bait- that's on them

Probably, i try in vain anyhow.

Holy kek. These comments are exactly the type of trash that represent the ESLs who watch anime

I'm having the weirdest dejavu right now

This is from Quora, you can’t fool me

Don't let him read the manga until he reaches an age where he realises the impact of what he's watching. He might watch it and not bat an eye but that ain't a good thing. Your meant to go same this is funked up instead of just blankly looking at it desensitised and blank. Also the anime adaptations are very mature but are no where near as explicit as the manga. Some really funked stuff happens, which is fine but he's gotta be impacted. That's not just about being concerned either, it's simply just way more impactful and the experience is far superior.

Hot
Just a few rape scenes. Don't worry.

Berserk is a battle of good vs evil.

its humanity vs evil idea of evil and god hand are the bad guys and antichrist figures and the story is

about the Byronic hero Guts fighting them to save his loved ones.

Guts is a very flawed character and shows the struggle of humanity going through hardships and loss.

He is a distant from others as his adopted father sold him out .

He becomes assassin at early age. and after joining army finds friends and becomes more human . Then goes on a soul searching quest.

After god hand everything he had is destroyed and he is a broken man .

it is his redemption story.

miura knew how to draw nice rape

Attached: thorough divine rape.jpg (1132x1600, 317.55K)