Anime and Manga philosophy thread

Inspired by , and since burgerhours are over now, let's discuss philosophy/themes/beliefs we learned, adopted, rejected, discovered, etc. from manga and anime.
This isn't a 400 IQ, "I'M SO SMART!", pretentious, or "go read aristotle 10 times and then come back" thread. It's a thread to just share things that we discovered.
For me, Gintama has continuously showed me many things, from the fact that humans can be beautiful in old age, that human connection can continue beyond death, that hate is another side of love, that humans fight emptiness (虚) by coming together, that everything changes but sometimes just being together can keep things the same in a sense.
In Mob Psycho, I learned that even if you are better than others, especially in some way that is particularly acknowledged by society (let's say, height, attractiveness, business talent, or extreme intelligence), and even consistently praised for it -- the world is only able to continue spinning because we all join together and make up for each other's weaknesses. So there's no point in sucking your own dick when there is so much you could learn from others.
Natsume Yuujinchou taught me a lot too. It's been a while so excuse any forgetfulness on my part. But rather than any maxims that I can recall for now, I learned the "theme" per se. Seeing a lonely, sheltered person who rejected the world because he was rejected by the world, slowly acclimate to it. And seeing the tales between the immortal and the finite interacting together, in what surely would lead to suffering, but was worth it anyway. Surely the (mostly-)immortal yokai symbolize various human aspirations, e.g. the aspiration to colonize the stars, for example -- or goals that continue beyond our own lifespans.
3-Gatsu no lion taught me so much as well. Similarly, I experienced themes through Kiriyama's growth. I learned that even villains (with exceptions) are the heroes of their own story. That your talent may not be your love. [cont'd]

Attached: a4aba8258506d2e4ea8fe8ebffe8fd7c.jpg (500x343, 25.64K)

[cont'd]
More things I learned from 3-Gatsu no Lion. That all kinds of people are fighting all kinds of fights in their lives, in ways we may not even have imagined - shogi, for example. Another example is the white-haired guy (whose name I forgot), since he is deaf IIRC, as well as Nikaidou who suffers from illness. I learned that people can come together in times of hurt. Was it "morally right" when Akari said to Rei (anime spoilers) If you're here (during Obon), you might make for a good distraction? I'm not sure if that is an "ideal outcome". In fact, it would just put Rei into a very awkward situation. But I do believe that it was best that he was there.

Oh and I forgot to mention another huge theme in Gintama, that the ideal of the author (and one that I agree with personally after having given it some thought) is that the only worthwhile fight is the fight with/within oneself.
This is signified by the final antagonist. It's shown in Shouyo's struggle for new purpose. It's shown in Shouyo vs Utsuro. It's shown in Gin vs Takasugi. It's shown in Kondou's story in the Farewell Shinsengumi arc and Isaburo's as well. It's shown in Kagura and the fight with her blood, as well as Umibozu and Kamui as well of course. I could go on much much longer but simply listing examples surely won't do us that much good.

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-10-16-08h28m07s264-e1476711305885.png (240x138, 61.64K)

I made a simple but important discovery

Attached: raisedonanime.jpg (802x610, 82.95K)

One thing that really stuck to me is the lesson that life can be over at any time, so you struggle to the last and hope that you can be proud of what you accomplished even if you fall at the end. If only I could heed it.

I'm sincerely hoping for other anons to contribute their thoughts. I know that the internet as a whole has been corroding (in parallel with people's brains), but let's gather the pieces of what's remaining and pour our thoughts out here in this one, shared, special place.
That's an important one.

I'll post some MC+theme art like this to keep the thread alive for a while.

Attached: D2_zbf2UkAAZ65F.jpg (1536x2048, 202.49K)

Thanks! That one is from Dai no Daibouken, definitely the dearest manga I ever read. The context of that thought comes from the definition of victory. Do you only consider yourself victorious if you saved the world and your friends, or does the effort and the struggles you make count even if you fail in some way? The mindset here is a big contrast between the two main characters of the story and I think it applies to our own lives too.

Attached: D2_zbf4UcAI0MHC.jpg (1536x2048, 265K)

Attached: fun things are fun.jpg (1280x720, 72.3K)

Attached: xW4U0Pa.jpg (1244x704, 139.38K)

Oh shid user I posted the wrong image. Please excuse myself, have my deepest apologies

Attached: 2oT8209.jpg (1683x1041, 452.73K)

繋がり

Attached: Dp9mRqUUUAIBxWl.jpg (906x1200, 99.72K)

Whenever you say goodbye to someone always remember it might be the last time you speak to them. Also fuck landslides, don't put your tent next to cliffs.

男気

Attached: Dp9mRqUV4AALLXF.jpg (906x1200, 103.1K)

正義

Attached: Dp9mRqeVsAEaO3L.jpg (906x1200, 128.72K)

I think the most important for me would be the realization that we are just a collection of individual memories. Everyone is different exactly because we live and experience different events, and those events turn into memories. It's hard to come to understand another person unless you have experienced something similar to them. We take photos, videos and even write down our experiences, in an attempt to capture those moments forever, to remind us of who we are. Because the mind is frail, in time it deteriorates and so does our self. They say that one dies twice, once when we leave this world and the second when the last person utters our name. If that is true then it means that we have power beyond our comprehension, that even the smallest of acts can leave a permanent mark in another person's memory and influence not just them but the people that will come after them.
To this day I think about Texhnolyze and the influence Yoshi had on the people long after he had exited the scene. Although not anime, it also reminds me of the last scenes in Blade Runner and Batty wanting to burn his self onto Deckard by creating an entire play.

Attached: DaG3TsMVMAAoLYd.jpg (1052x1581, 240.99K)

That's a very interesting take user, thank you for sharing.

I try to live like this as well. Thanks for sharing user.

>and since burgerhours are over now
OP is a faggot.

Attached: 1642926436052.jpg (497x427, 29.02K)

Sorry if I offended you, I just included it as a joke.

I live in burgerhours as well so I won't be able to bump the thread anymore (sleep is calling me) but I hope the thread will stay alive and I hope to hear more anons' thoughts!
I may make another thread like this during the day if this one doesn't take off!

Attached: 1569406370202.gif (540x303, 299.04K)

Damn, that's thought-provoking.

Good night!! Please bump the thread anontachi!

Attached: Moefist.jpg (499x499, 31.05K)