Now that Harry Potter is back in the media, why has magic school genre never really catch on in Japan...

Now that Harry Potter is back in the media, why has magic school genre never really catch on in Japan? There are definitely some but nothing has ever hit it majorly big. probably because most of them are pretty derivitive and shit

Attached: 24c124839fb7d480e221e2ed4c2de921.jpg (736x872, 89.83K)

>because most of them are pretty derivitive and shit
That hasn't stoped iseaki

See? Lots of magic schools. OP proven wrong in one post.

There are definitely some but nothing has ever hit it majorly big. I'd say even zombies had more of a hit than magic school.

Mahouka's pretty big, isn't it? Japan's magic schools are just styled after their own schools instead of Hogwarts.

What the hell are you on about, we were drowning in magic battle academy for YEARS, and that's even assuming you're too young to remember Zero no Tsukaima or Negima.

Harry should have ended up with Hermione

None of them had any lasting impact. MAYBE Negima.

Mahou Sensou killed it off with such brutality that it won't make a return for many more years.

Never cared about the ships, but this one would have been the logic one.

I think that it worked for Ron because the opposites complement each other and yada yada, but nevertheless Luna best girl

Zero no Tsukaima helped kickstart the isekai trend that is going on today.

Attached: I really want to live.jpg (200x267, 9.21K)

The appeal of their relationship would disappear if it got romantic
Don’t care for her getting with whiny ginger Ron though, or Harry getting with his boring sister

I want to fuck magic Taiga

>Now that Harry Potter is back in the media, why has magic school genre never really catch on in Japan?
not enough effort.
Little Witch Academia would have been huge if they had put as much love into the anime as they did the ova.

father time hit Hermione with an ugly stick

There's so many harry potter rip-offs in manga and anime

Hermione could have been paired with either Harry or Ron, the shit choice was choosing a boring girl like Ginny for Harry just because main trio should remain together till the end in some way.
And I agree, Luna is the best by far.

t. room temperature IQ
Harry x Luna is the thinking man's choice.

doesn't count?

LWA was great though. Of course they couldn't animate a full series as well as a movie.