How do you keep track of what you've watched/are watching?

How do you keep track of what you've watched/are watching?

I just MAL because it's simple enough and I cba to change now after years of using it.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (230x196, 9.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/profile/koneko37564
youtu.be/SeXsmO5cdmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just use*

I don't keep track because I don't give a shit about putting a rating next to it or having a dick measuring contest about how many anime I've watched. I'll remember if I watched it and I'll remember if it's good or not.

No website ever beats an excel sheet in order to keep track of what I have read and mostly what I want to read next

>average less than 3 episodes/entry
maltards everyone

>The gray bar means it's on your to watch list
That explains the partial screen cap, probably have nothing finished.

I switched to AniList because it has the option to display English titles instead of just Japanese ones (I'm shit at remembering Japanese titles) and I can score anime on a scale of 1-100 instead of just 1-10.

Plus it has the option to import your existing list from MAL, so moving over was easy.

>he watches shows
My condolences. If your anime split isn't 80/20 in favor of films, you're doing it wrong.

I first started using a tracker (Anilist) a few months ago.
Picked it because it seemed to be the MAL alternative and I didn't want to make a MAL account. Also to have decimals in the scores.

Attached: file.png (661x210, 17.72K)

Total entries includes things you haven't started and things you've dropped. So it's possible that's not entirely correct. But he confirmed his retardation here

I like AniList because of their tag system and being able to hide stuff I've already interacted with, it makes it easier to find new series and see what things from specific creators I haven't read/watched yet.
I also use anime-planet for their recommendation system and baka-updates to keep track of ongoing stuff.

Attached: 1639397795701.png (406x514, 24.36K)

>But he confirmed his retardation here
That post is a new IP, he's not OP.

Went from MAL to AniList and like it a lot better except for the SJWs and schizos who just stalk the activity feed 16 hours a day to give random people's activity a like.

>How do you keep track of what you've watched/are watching?
I have this thing called a "brain".

mal because I'm used to it

I just either download it or buy a physical release if I liked it and write down my backlog
if I didn’t like it I don’t care enough to remember it

I use Anilist but still don't understand it.
Is there any point to reading or writing reviews on it?
Reviews are pretty front-and-centre on MAL but hidden here.

Behold, the perfect rating system.
You can disable your stuff showing up in the global feed in the settings IIRC.

Attached: 1645463340513.png (246x97, 1.74K)

You realize I haven't watched most of those?
Retarded nigger.
That's not me, retarded nigger number 2.
God you people are dumb.

Anilist is more about tracking shows than circlejerking over the hivemind's opinion. If people want reviews they'll go to MAL or random tumblr blogs.

isn't Anilsit lacking a lot of shows?
It seemed that way last time I compared it to MAL.

MALfags used to be flamed here. Not sure what happened.
I use anidb because it's the oldest/best. Relationship graph is a feature no one else has.

I've found the opposite to be true, at least with manga. I dropped MAL because it didn't have a lot of manga that AniList did and I've never had trouble finding an anime on AniList.

I use MAL.
myanimelist.net/profile/koneko37564

youtu.be/SeXsmO5cdmQ

I've heard this before but I can't think of any examples. If anything I've seen some entries take months to update on MAL, like a Finished series still being tagged as Releasing.

I guess it depends on the type of stuff you're looking for. I'll give another try on Anilist

>Not sure what happened.
They flooded the board at the same reddit invaded Any Forums and Any Forums, an /a /considered itself luck that it escaped those retards at least. To the point where it neglected MALtards for a while, as well as the anituber fanboys that came here.

>How do you keep track of what you've watched/are watching?
I don't

Attached: 1492588573105.jpg (264x243, 30.58K)

Anilist's database used to be trash. I complained about this 3 or so years ago. Ever since then, however, the mods have added a lot of things and I wouldnt be surprised if it actually had more anime than MAL now. It always had more manga. MAL is really slow at adding things. I don't like Anilist, but it's probably the best option for completionists.

I use a spreadsheet to organize shows by season that I watch them
Purple are out-of season, red are dropped, and blue are higher quality shows

Attached: Screenshot_20220320-145938_Sheets.jpg (1080x678, 350.25K)

I'm looking at the site now and one thing I immediately hate is this trendy type of streamlined "user friendly" UI that takes away information from the user and essentially becomes the equivalent of windows 8 default.

There's no obvious way to check what the complete database is from what I can see, or how many of each genre there is. Endless scrolling is awful too. If I wanted tags I'd just go to anime planet instead.

But I might be off and it just takes some getting used to. As a first impression I really hate it though, the same way I usually hate restrictive and coddling UIs.

Not watching anything for the rest of 2022 is definitely a good choice, user. Congrats.

I use MAL and for my own physical collection I use a french website called mangacollec

You can disable your activity being shown in the global feed in the settings