Is it really such a bad adaptation of the manga & anime? why does no one seem to like it

is it really such a bad adaptation of the manga & anime? why does no one seem to like it

Attached: retro.jpg (189x267, 15.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcPxAfmt6xA&list=PL_KfFCPJTtRo9ECffgJE3WX4iySZ82N5n&index=7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Why don't you watch it and come back in an hour and a half. I'll keep the thread warm for you.

/thread

i watched it and enjoyed it, i didn't realize it was hated until i checked youtube and not a single video seems to praise it

And that's all you have to say about it?

what else am i supposed to say, i enjoyed it, it had a lot of fan service, Goku being in high school was a fresh take, the ending set up a sequel which we never got.

i liked how there wasn't a bunch of weird cgi energy beams, and instead they opted for a more grounded air ki blast.

why does no one like it, it just seems like a decent flick? the manga and anime aren't masterpieces or nothing, they're just pretty iconic for the super saiyan ability.

i love dragon ball and this is one of the worst films ive ever watched

You're asking us to prove a negative. Hell I doubt most of us even watched it. Make this thread on Any Forums if you really want

It has very little to do with the source material desu.

I saw it on a plane ride a long time ago, and since I tuned in around the halfway point it took a solid thirty minutes to realize I was watching a live action DBZ adaptation and not some Disney Channel tween drama.

>You're asking us to prove a negative.
>I doubt most of us even watched it.
then what do you guys even have to dislike, what in the fuck man

>they're just pretty iconic for the super saiyan ability.
What a retarded take. Dragon Ball was long popular before transformations were even a thing.

Maybe try using your brain and realize that "Oozaru" being Piccolo's henchmen was the stupidest thing they could think of.

How come everybody talks about this despite it being genuienly awful, but ignores the much better, much more faithful LA movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcPxAfmt6xA&list=PL_KfFCPJTtRo9ECffgJE3WX4iySZ82N5n&index=7

Attached: MV5BZDMxZmUxMGItOTc0Ny00NzdkLTllOGMtN2Y4ZDZlZDg2ODcxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg (434x609, 52.01K)

It's a decent and FUN Hollywood action movie, the MC is good and the gorls are pretty cool but it's mostly hated by the DBZ fans who were expecting...uh I can't imagine what exactly what they were expecting from blockbuster DBZ.
It's good it just doesn't align with the DBZ fanbase too well

Because it's unofficial, and also because no one wants to watch chinkshit or listen to that disgusting language.

Are you a retard? You're making it seem like there's threads about this. I forgot about it's existence till you made it.
I just assume it's shitty and didn't bother to check. And in fact, the fact that you're unable to get tehse two facts makes me think that yes, I made the right call

Attached: 1645702742238.png (179x181, 38.13K)

>super saiyan being what is well known
>a retarded take
are you this detached from reality? it's pretty much anyone knows about this shit, even the people who never watched it before know of it!!
>"Oozaru" being Piccolo's henchmen was stupid
how so, retard?

It's in English.

>it's mostly hated by the DBZ fans who were expecting...uh
exactly what i get out of the outspoken, what did they even want you know?

just end your life, you showed up in the thread to be UNABLE TO DISCUSS THE FILM, are you the most insane deranged fuck ever?

>but it's mostly hated by the DBZ fans who were expecting...uh I can't imagine what exactly what they were expecting from blockbuster DBZ.
I don't think anyone was really asking or expecting anything from blockbuster DBZ. And even if they were, I imagine they'd want it to be like a standard martial art flick instead of "Goku being a loser in high school!'
That's like adapting Lupin into a movie and making him a spineless nerd working a dead end job.

I stand by my statement.

>fresh take
>more grounded
>flick

flick, as in cinema, as in movie, as in film, as in grounded, as in down to earth,
fuck
right
off .

I showed up, read the posts, and offer a perspective you didn't account for. It's clear to me you are not seeking another perspective, but you're just defending a film you liked.

what fucking perspective can you have on the film, you didn't see it, you fucktard, you clutz, you unabashed faggot