Why is anime so popular in SA?

Why is anime so popular in SA?

Attached: 1647640017950.png (1904x1069, 1.03M)

there wasnt any anime in san andreas

isn't /am/ like 60% south american?

Not even close.

Who cares what Something Awful likes?

I theorize that 80% of the Dragon Ball Super threads are Latin American.

Anime is popular worldwide. Americans have something agaisnt japanese people so they attack anime for some reason. Probably because they feel something from a country they defeated being more famous than their own cartoons stings or something. There's also the racism agaisnt japan from the 80's.

Lowtax hated anime.

Attached: 1454805959877.jpg (640x512, 73.27K)

Do Beans genuinely get upset over the "Latinx" nuspeak term or is it just an autistic minority?

He's not talking about americans retard.

Escapism from their shitty poor lives?

>something from a country they defeated being more famous than their own cartoons
The only anime everyone recognizes is Naruto. Normies don't know shit about anything else. Meanwhile several american cartoons are known worldwide.

Dragon Ball is so popular in Mexico (Not South America, but Latin America I know) that they had live showings in theaters of Goku vs Jiren

It isn't, only a handful of shows become popular.

You forgot about AoT, DB, your name, KnY, Death Note and some others.

We basically didn't have anything else. It was cheaper for TV stations to bring in japanese cartoons than it was for them to pay for american cartoons.
The only other show for kids in SA was El Chavo del Ocho.
It was super cheap to buy pirated VHS tapes.

No. Read what I wrote. AoT is talked about in workplaces of the world like it's game of thrones, people don't cringe when you mention anime in SA, etc. The weird ones are americans.

Attached: index.jpg (540x400, 26K)

It was invented by hispanic autists, so it's minority autist on minority autist crime.
2nd and 3rd generation immigrants tend to get overprotective of the little bit of their ancestor's language and culture that they understand. Like Chinese Americans losing their shit over white people wearing cheongsams, because they have a religious attachment to their grandmother's cocktail dress.

Japanese culture probably meshes better with them than american culture.

Early exposition lacking all the typical american cuckoldry.

Free anime in public tv

Latinos also fucking love The Simpsons though, so this can't just be a Japan vs America thing

I'm talking about anime that are popular with people regardless of their age. Young people may recognize those titles, but older generations in my country are only aware of Naruto, Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya.

>theorize
this was proven by /spa/

>a country of introverted people with interpersonal issues is relatable to noisy animals who have their first child when they are teenagers
kek no

We're the polar opposite of Japan culturally, what the fuck are you talking about lol

You're not thinking about the kind of person that actually watches anime