One Piece

Is it good?

Attached: one-piece-tom-69-b-iext85817346.jpg (697x1016, 285.31K)

Yes.

Better than HxH.
Take from that what you will.

very good - personally I dropped it several times, but once I read the entire thing in its entirety I've been a weekly reader

some parts drag out and might make you want to stop reading but once you catch up, you'll appreciate those parts all the more

No. I've been complaining about it for over a decade now on almost a weekly basis.

it's the garfield comic strip of manga, it's comfy eating for the sake of eating. if you are hankering to read something go for it, but if you're expecting great writing or anything, this ain't it chief.

Once you reached the 3rd or 4th arc, you will realize how formulaic that shit is and how little the author has to say other than rehashing the same plot beats and reducing his cast to caricatures whose only character trait is to keep repeating their one-liner in front of every enemy they encounter.

Yeah but it is not for everyone
It is a huge time investment but it makes me cringe when I see people skipping entire arcs because they hear from someone that it isn't important to the main story
It has a lot to offer if you enjoy the world and characters but if you don't then you can watch/read dozens of different series in the time you catch up to this one

Attached: DhOMSK3VQAACBeN.jpg (1290x952, 97.29K)

i started watching 500 episodes in and i don't feel like a missed a thing, weirdest of shit honestly, just how much of this series is superfluous anyway, would a Kai edit end up curbing 3/4ths of this shit?

yeah

The only good thing to come from the timeskip was Carrot

Attached: 1554374800899.png (1080x1331, 972.29K)

If you can dedicate the time, yeah its probably the best adventure shonen. I'm only in Marineford and haven't made it to even the halfway point but I'm not concerned, it's really easy to just throw on and binge.

That's like starting a book in the middle
What is even the point? I'm genuinely curious

because the plot is largely irrelevant and redundant, they're on their way to the one piece

Yes but I fucking hate it when people describe it as "the greatest story ever written", nothing should ever be hyped up this hard. At the end of the day it's just a manga, an enjoyable one for sure but it's not going to be a life-changing masterpiece for every single person who reads it.

Yeah that's what happens when you skip half of a story

It's good but there's practically zero stakes involved. The show drags considerably as well with each episode only leading to less than 15 minutes of new content. I'd recommend just reading the manga and watching the parts you wanted to see animated online.

Based
I hope Chopper and his mink wife have lots of babies once he gets back from Laugh tale

half of a hacky story which didn't do anything to advance the plot whatsoever, from where i started watching everything went off without a hitch, the main characters were on a several year long training session, they regrouped, and they're heading toward the one piece presumably, they're at fishman island

Alright, I'm not going to argue with someone who hasn't even seen of the series

ok, so, how does it matter? when will it matter? like if it matter so much when does the mattering occur? you just seem mad, which is weird, did you realize you wasted your time with the anime or something?

You missed character development

Attached: arlong park.gif (500x268, 1.16M)

i'm sure it's important?

You type like an underage faggot. Why would you skip half of a story in any media?

you're positively seething, i already told you nothing happened that's of import in 500 episodes, they were off training for 2 years, they jumped in a boat, encased it in bubbles, and went to the bottom of the ocean charting the way toward the one piece

>Is development for the main cast important?
Yes user. Why would you start a story halfway through?
If you just start the series when they're at Fishman Island, you're gonna miss out on a lot of things in that arc like Luffy's and Jimbei's bond or why Nami forgiving Jimbei was important

Attached: 0201-015.jpg (1066x1600, 373.7K)

why do you reply to retards?