Sunghoo Park has left MAPPA

Sunghoo Park has left MAPPA to start his own studio. What does this mean for the future of MAPPA? What about the Jujutsu Kaisen anime where he was the main director? Why does this talentless hack think he can be the boss of a new company?

Attached: 5551C053-AD02-441B-80E5-94C5E38C5805.jpg (758x388, 90.32K)

Dont care about fujoshit

they're going to keep losing talent until they improve working conditions, so clearly at some point MAPPA is just going to implode

Great news if true.

We don't need koreans in the anime industry.

>gook

ahaha

Attached: ass.jpg (740x1446, 181.37K)

well maybe mappa should have improved their working conditions

That's great, JJK sucks

Attached: JJKEK.png (1512x1512, 1.37M)

It means JJK S2 will be better.

is this real?

Not looking forward to saying "I told you so" when there's a massive quality drop for S2 because of overlapping production on CSM, SnK, and Vinland Saga and a bunch of the animators Park brought in for JJK leave with him. I don't think he's a good drama director, but he's probably a good animation director and he and Hiramatsu, as much as I hate his designs, probably brought a lot of good staff to the project.

Not really sure what Park's standout skills or taste are other than just fights, so I wonder how long his studio will last or what its thing will even be. The clips of his work I've seen don't really have a super distinctive style the way Yutaka Nakamura or Masaaki Yuasa did and he doesn't seem drawn to a distinctive tone and subject matter like Satoshi Kon or Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Then again, he might do well simply by not sucking at business like a lot of other heads of better studios that imploded do to mismanagement.

Hasn't it been imploding since Maruyama left? I figured 2017-2020 was just the red giant stage before it shows obvious decline, the boom before the bust.

Mappa bought a new animation studio which they are only using for chainsaw right now, I assume they will just use it for JJK S2 once they are done with csm. I think heir non-priority projects are the ones that will suffer in quality, not JJK/CSM, especially not csm.

I wonder how Japanese animators would feel working for a studio founded by a Korean immigrant

Tadashi Hiramatsu, who is JJK's anime character designer is a right-wing nationalist and he managed to work with Park on JJK. For most people it's just work at the end of the day and they can talk shit after work.

there are plenty of animation studios in korea.

Oh god yes, i hope this fucks with animation so people can forget about this bullshit

But Japanese usually still work in Japanese studios and outsource to Korea. Park immigrated from Korea to Japan and would open his animation studio in Japan most likely?

Considering the Japanese mentality, they don't mix that stuff into work, they either just refuse (politely and vaguely!) to cooperate in advance completely or agree to work diligently and yeah, express their opinions (in a subtle and extremely lowkey way) outside of the work process hours.
Japanese work ethics are very demanding, some people can't handle it and become the so called "hikikomori"s (sth like "the withdrawers")

yeah why tho

This the fucking 360 noscope rotating camera rubber jelly limbs flailing god of high schooler niggerdirector? Good riddance

Attached: 1647712871912.png (803x655, 403.5K)

Kek beat me to it

No chapters don't usually look this good

what are you a chink scientist?

Kek

Attached: 1645571271887.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)