Anime aesthetics

Why did anime decline so hard aesthetically in the last 10 or so years?

Attached: a244ea962f6eb97f048fad5c652aa831.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

Why is this said every ten years?

People are gonna say every possible opinion about every 10 years, but what people say is irrelevant to the discussion

Attached: MV5BMTcxMzFiZWEtYWQ0Mi00MmYwLWE5OGMtMGM3ZWIyY2M0MmUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwODY0MTg@._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 90.92K)

Because people are okay with the laziest shit so why bother?

Kill yourself, 2020 election tourist.

You'd have to try real hard to come up with a worse example than that.
Square yaw, plain iris, huge eye bags, huge nostrils, clown makeup

I am sorry she doesn't look like one of your moeblobs, faggot

I didn't.

>moeblobs
Kill yourself, election tourist.

If you think those are qualities a female character should have maybe you'd like an adam's apple to go along with it.

Delusional moeshitters

Morimoto has been drawing girls like this for decades.

i don't want every anime to have the same generic artstyle, lol

she has normal sized nostrils
i'm sorry she doesn't look like a big eyed alien

Attached: DZVdK7jVAAERRrH.jpg (323x640, 55.59K)

Maybe you just watch bad shows?

Attached: da.png (1437x1080, 1.7M)

Read manga then. Manga has more freedom to make things with different art styles. Anime adaptations often water down designs so they're easier to draw. Both in amount of details and in design.

Attached: Eniale & Dewiela v01 (2020) (Digital) (LuCaZ).cbz-Eniale & Dewiela - c002 (v01) - p052-053 [dig] [Yen Press] [LuCaZ].jpg (1800x1291, 1.13M)

digital art limits visual creative scope

you can still have a simplistic but different design in anime tho, like the one in OP pic

>Changes the eye shape
>Shortens the jaw and makes the cheeks fuller

Nigga please

he only made minor changes.
if you color the skin gray, remove the hair and make the eyes black it would still look like an alien.

Making designs more homogeneous for the adaptations (and making original anime look like already existing anime) likely makes them easier to draw, as animators don't have to adjust to art styles that are too different.

survivor ship bias and an oversaturated market
how many truly great anime were there in the 90's that are still remembered fondly today and seen as masterpeices? you might like certain areas aestetics more on average be it moe 80's or whatever, but in the end you just don't remmber the 9 out of 10 shows that were stinkers

Literally looks like an asian woman