Do you imagine characters with their English dub voices when reading the manga?

Do you imagine characters with their English dub voices when reading the manga?

Attached: 2AD0B828-31EB-4EE7-85AF-562773C9DA46.png (1185x470, 540.4K)

Test

Depends which one I'm more familiar with /thread

failed

I don't know the English dub.

My imagination would probably pretty dull to most people. When I read manga, I don't bother imagining people's voices. When I read books, I don't bother imagining people's faces. When I think up my own stories, I often don't even bother with names.

As a grown up you're not supposed to hear what you read. This is only acceptable to little kids just learning how to do it.

I have no idea what their English voices sound like.

I just make their Japanese voices use English. You're telling me you can't imagine that?

no

I have a mental list of va that plays in my head when I imagine how certain characters should sound like

I don't imagine voices when reading because I'm older than 12.

This attitude is the reason why so many people don't like reading poetry.

No because I
1 never watch dubs
2 never read manga

Why /thread

What a boring attitude, I hear voices all the time, especially in doujinshis

>dubs

Attached: 1306401057551.jpg (600x600, 109.58K)

>1 never watch dubs
Based
>2 never read manga
Cringe

Only Dragon Ball and Hellsing

not really, but there's a couple manga that i just can't read in english because i keep compartamentalising their voices in japanese so i find the raws somewhere

natsume yuujinchou is the one i can think of off the top of my head where it felt very unnatural thinking about so i just found the japanese volumes and read those

but most of the time when i haven't seen an anime before reading its source material so i don't really read dialogue aloud in my head

Attached: natori.jpg (405x600, 59.27K)

Realistically, Edward would be speaking German, right?

plus i don't usually watch an anime if it's based off something i can find. like if there's already a manga adaptation of a light novel i'll find that or if i can find a copy of said book somewhere i'll go there if it's interesting enough. the natsume manga is the only case i can think of where i, y'know, had trouble reading the english translation of the manga because my head was stuck watching it in japanese

ever male character i read is in sugita's voice

Attached: 1638902376511.jpg (960x720, 136.14K)

i have literally never ever in my life, in all my 27 years of existing, have ever watched a dub anime.
not even dragon ball.
my first exposure to dragon ball (and anime for that matter) was the sub version of the cooler movie.

I did when I went to read Soul Eater, but I think that was the only time I've both read the manga and watched the english dub of a show.
Otherwise it's just fluctuations of my inner voice

Do you fully annunciate every word aloud with your voice? For me, when i start to get immersed my voice fades and i just kind of absorb whatever is happening.