Revue Starlight

I want to "starlight" with Banana's bananas

Attached: 1634380113961.png (1200x600, 1.55M)

I want to do things with claudine

This series was mediocre as hell outside of a handful of scenes but the movie was amazing. Not sure why it gets so much praise, is it just the yurifags lapping up whatever shit they can get?

Okay, but why are they wearing shoes?

Attached: starlight barefoot.jpg (1851x885, 154.17K)

>Not sure why it gets so much praise, is it just the yurifags lapping up whatever shit they can get?
Not like we will ever get another Utena in this timeline, so we have to settle for less.

>Not sure why it gets so much praise
Because the movie was amazing

the series was good since it had the reveal in episode one from a slice of life show with a stage actress gimmick to the intense musical choreography of the revues, while also flipping the entire thing in its head again with the Nana reveal. Also, obviously the two movies made the series retroactively better since it finally completes everyone's story arcs.

I think the most obvious point in the series' favor is the sheer amount of care put into it by the director, every scene had multiple things being set up in it, fleshing out the characters, establishing relationships, moving the plot forward, and the meta narrative you have to look out for once you see the reveal. It's just fun to dissect what's going on in, similar to Utena's duels except less of a headache, and it's rare for an anime to make you as engaged as Revue Starlight did to me.

The true flood were the bakarens we made along the way

Attached: FagAA4rB2.jpg (1200x800, 194.34K)

Is this from an artbook or is this a redbubble framed painting of karen's feet?

bluray covers I think

And that's like your irrelevant and shitty opinion faggot.

What's the predicted date for love cobra news?
The blu rays are so fucking expensive, didn't realise karens feet were so valuable

Most /u/ fags now hate it because the movie went with the separation ending.

Yea but despite people going their separate ways the movie was more romantic than anything in the series, especially the revue of souls

Attached: 1643905616505.jpg (1920x1350, 1.09M)

Shitposters from Any Forums aren't /u/ fags. And it's obvious who they really are, because they're using the exact same "logic" as the subhumans who obsessively try to derail threads here.

Yeah, it goes way further in depth on connections between characters than the original anime

bump

let it go user, we're just waiting for furukawa to release news. Next date to look at is next week's animejapan

I just watched the whole thing plus the two movies last month and boy am I glad I discovered it later. Yes the first season was just 'good' with flashes of brilliance here and there but the final movie was made with so much love and wrapped up everyone's arc in such a neat and satisfying way that it really brought the whole series up to a 9/10 for me. It was pure fanservice with each pairing getting a half-episode long revue and Banana styling on everyone but all of it made sense within the plot and they finally fixed the glaring issue of the series pre-movie which was Karen being the least interesting/most shallow character of the entire cast.

Attached: Gekijouban.Shoujo☆Kageki.Revue.Starlight.full.3350570.jpg (1543x2183, 733.46K)

I want to start a family with Junna.

No rabukobura no thread.

>it finally completes everyone's story arcs.
Unironically shit take, with the exception of Maya. Their character arcs in the show are different than the ones in the finale, although the movie ones are obviously related and built on the show.
>Junna's desperation to keep up before she realizes she won't get there by forcing herself to exhaustion; the movie is her learning to find her own path rather than trailing after those ahead of her
>Nana seems to go 180, but doesn't really: in the show she has to come to terms with losing her replay and moving on, and in the movie she follows up by forcing everyone else along, in an "if I can't stay here, neither can you" sort of way, which is why she's the one to spur on Junna
>Mahiru's arc in the show is not being Karen's shadow and stalker; the movie has her as the gatekeeper with Hikari and revolves around an event that only happened after the series ended
>Kaoruka and Futaba's show arc is Kaoruko realizing she has to actually try, like Futaba, and not just rely on her old talent and experience, the movie arc is her getting jealous that Futaba is moving on to a seperate path
This one I'll emphasize: look at who's doing the leaving for each arc.
>Maya's a fixed point in the show excepting her occasional monologue; she finally cracks in the movie from Claudine's advances
>related, Claudine in the show is coming to terms with being the second-best and does so in Star Divine, and then in the movie takes the sort of role that Maya had of coaxing out her true feelings

I have something I already typed up for Karen and Hikari, but it's long enough for a new post.

Attached: child_broiler.jpg (1080x713, 56.56K)

>In the show alone, Karen takes the role of Flora. Hikari comes back having lost her passion in the London auditions, as Claire loses her memory, and they go into the audition to fulfill their promise. As the auditions go on, Hikari regains her passion and they reach the end of the auditions, only for the wish to separate them. Karen falls down from the tower and back to life in Seisho, while Hikari is trapped in the tower, as a vessel who only exists to play Starlight (As she endlessly repeats it). Karen chooses to defy this ending, returns to the tower, and allows her to be reborn and return, giving the ending in which the goddesses are free from the tower.

>When you add the movie, though, Karen becomes Claire. She had lost her passion for theater and was only going through the motions because she was so invested in her promise ("I only know that you were important to me once"). Karen is trapped in the tower and unable to continue because she was only a vessel to play Starlight, while Hikari, who mentions she feared Karen's brilliance, returns to England. Hikari then decides to follow through with the new ending, returning to the audition to allow Karen to be reborn as a true actress (stage girl), and the conclusion of the story sees the whole cast freed from the tale of Starlight and on to their own separate futures.

>Also the "tale of goddesses who come together, clash, and then are pulled apart by fate, never to meet again" happens because while they promise to reunite, their story has ended with their separation.

>Karen being the least interesting
Funny enough, in an interview, Furukawa mentioned he talked to all the actresses about what they thought of their characters, and Karen's said she was kind of unrelatable and too much like a superhero who can't lose. I think even in just the show she's not great but alright once you think about her character a bit, but she definitely got the biggest boost from the movie.

Attached: 70344527_p0.jpg (2150x3035, 995.12K)

I agree it doesn't "comeplete" peoples story arcs. Especially in Bananas case I feel like there's a lot more to come. This film isn't the climax of the series, it's more like the next chapter.