Just started it. I've watched the first 3 episodes an I find it good...

Just started it. I've watched the first 3 episodes an I find it good. Although the story seems to have nothing to do with what has been established previously, I find it interesting how the theme of newtypes and the evolution of man is being taken up. It just seemed to me that they want to put a definitive end to the UC franchise and I find it romantic that eventually Char's hopes in Zeta can finally find fulfillment in the future.
Dunno why many hate it, I just hope it doesn't disappoint me

Attached: GundamUnicorn.png (472x699, 510.3K)

It's so bad that it's basically being ignored in new UC entries. It does look much better than Hathaway's Flash though, which is unfortunate, because it's retarded even for Gundam standards. I do like the concept of newtypes but they got out of control really quickly and UC is the peak (so far) of that stupidity.

>they got out of control really quickly and UC is the peak (so far) of that stupidity.
Don't tell me it even surpass Zeta's "ooh souls of the dead"? Ok I have to lower my expectations

surpasses*

Have you not watched ZZ? Because that goes further than Zeta and Unicorn goes further than ZZ.

>he skipped zz
oh nonononono

Doesn't ZZ do the same thing as Zeta in the end? Or are you referring to the "giant" Judau scene?

Banagher literally does all the newtype shit everyone else did except for Judau's angry projection, from a mini-axis shock to seeing the souls of the dead to make Unicorn more powerful and Zeta's super beam saber, and then goes even further and literally astral projects to the end of time itself while Amuro, Char, and Lalah's ghosts watch.
Also Unicorn turns into psychic crystals, blocks the colony laser with psychic barriers, and literally turns back time on the entire Federation attack squad so that their reactors were never assembled.
However, it gets even dumber in NT where it's revealed that Unicorn is the literal technological singularity, which is also where they say the Federation mobile suits had their reactors turned back in time to before they were assembled, and has to be sealed away forever because it's pretty much reaching the status of god. That's not even getting into the retarded Rita bird phenex ghost flying through the universe shit.

Didn't they also revealed that Unicorn and Neo Zeong were literally designs from the future revealed to AE by newtype ghosts?

Should have watched the OVAs.
The 24ep anime is a train wreck.

What's wrong with it compared to the OVA?

The show was made with the OVA format in mind.
The anime may offer a few additional new scenes but you'll have times where the episode abruptly ends/starts because it needs to fit the 20min format.

I'm watching the OVAs

It's the OVAs with terrible cutting to force it into a TV time slot because another a show got cancelled.
The first half of one episode is pretty much just the last half of the previous episode.

Wait Unicorn got a 24 episode anime now? What did I miss?

They recut the OVA to air on TV. There are likely financial benefits to airing on TV so they released the OVA and then also put it on TV later.

Oh. That is kind of meh.

Unicorn’s 2D animation is indeed better than Hathaway’s by virtue of not using CGI primarily for the mechs, but it has nothing on the character animation in the latter.

The terrible cgi backgrounds are what I hate about Hathaway's Flash the most.

I'm watching Zeta and planned to watch ZZ and Char's movie as the ending of the gundam series, since full frontal isn't really char and idk if tomino worked on this. I already saw 079, war in the pocket, 08 team and stardust memory. Any recommendations before i drop the series in char's movie?

Turn A is the best Gundam entry. And no, Tomino had nothing to do with Unicorn.

Attached: GundamTurnASochie.webm (720x540, 1.75M)