Why is she so popular?

Why is she so popular?

Attached: sailor_venus__vector__by_flavio_ruru_ddk4sqa-fullview.png (800x797, 271.8K)

sex

Is she particularly popular? A few power users on Any Forums might make that seem the case but I’m not sure that’s true in general.
Usagi>rei>makoto>hotaru>minako>>the rest
Any other order is objectively wrong

Best wife material.

Attached: 1640158348172.jpg (631x472, 49.62K)

She has a couple appealing assets

>Is she particularly popular?
Yes.
>A few power users on Any Forums might make that seem the case but I’m not sure that’s true in general.
Sounds like you're projecting.
>Usagi>rei>makoto>hotaru>minako>>the rest
Yep. You're definitely projecting.

Attached: characterpolls.png (2645x3999, 870.05K)

Damn never knew Japan was that big on Usagi.

Why is anything popular? The masses like it. Whats the point of this thread?

Did ami really come third? She’s so boring though.. not like I dislike Mina or anything the sailor bui manga is certainly better than the sailor moon one but outside of Any Forums I never see her getting any attention.

Main character bonus. Most popularity polls have an advantage for the main character. To some (much lesser) extent, that's true for Minako as well, because she had her own manga at the same time. Another common bonus, at least for Sailor Moon, was the "new character" bonus, as evienced by the Outer Senshi getting high ranks when they were introduced. Then there's the little girl bonus, where presumably the younger readers of the magazine identified with Chibi-Usa and even Chibi-Chibi, catapulting them to the podium. And there's an otaku bonus that managed to give Ami some respectable places, albeit not as stong as it was for some other series.
Also, there's a malus for male characters: Mamoru never performed well, and poor Artemis even worse, despite being clearly a better cat than Luna.
Also, the true underperformer is Rei. In a way, you could explain that with her character being very underdeveloped in the manga, compared to the anime, and these polls being manga polls. But most manga fans at the time watched the anime as well and would probably have based their vote on both media.

Attached: 048.jpg.049.jpg (3500x2610, 3.53M)

Ami and Makoto are the wife material. Rei and Minako are for casual sex.

Makoto would chase after every slightly attractive guy she sees, and ami is just boring. Usagi and Rei are the best, only a homosexual could think differently

>poor Artemis even worse, despite being clearly a better cat than Luna.
What makes Luna the inferior cat character if you don't mind me asking?

>Did ami really come third?
In the first poll, yes, if you accumulate Sailor Moon (1st) and Serenity (3rd) into one. See .

Of course, the more new characters joined, the more options the polls got and the more all of the characters dropped. By Stars, there were over 40 different characters, and since all of their aliases got different options, that amounted to about 60 different options overall.

Where Ami ended up overall depends on what metric you judge it by. It's almost impossible to find a metric that weighs all different polls fairly: Just adding up total votes benefits the original cast who were options in all polls. Going by average percentage only benefits Chibi-Chibi, who crashed the final poll, but only that one.
Pic related is what I tried to balance it out. Still has Chibi-Chibi a bit too high for only being in one poll, but it can't be helped. Ami is sixth in that ranking.

Attached: characterpolls_sorted2.png (2862x2871, 679.97K)

Minako had her own manga so that already gives her extra material to draw from.
Usagi, Rei, Ami and ChibiUsa are more popular (Ami is huge in Japan, the main target audience). She's more or less even with Makoto. Hotaru came too late and appears too little. Michiru and Haruka are yuribait and almost nobody gives a crap about Setsuna.

>What makes Luna the inferior cat character if you don't mind me asking?
Her being a bitch. No, seriously, she is bossy, nagging and violent. Where Artemis, even when he clashes with Minako, is supportive and affectionate. To be fair, he did have an easier job than Luna had with Usagi, but that's no excuse.

>Usagi, Rei, Ami and ChibiUsa are more popular
>(Ami is huge in Japan, the main target audience). She's more or less even with Makoto.
You're literally making shit up when we have evidence to the contrary right above your post.

Artemis is barely a character, even in the original manga. Luna didn’t exactly leave much of an impression on me but there’s more to her than Artemis

>Artemis is barely a character
Did you skip all episodes you don't consider plot-relevant?
>even in the original manga.
The original manga is Codename wa Sailor V, and he's male co-lead in that one.

Your polls are restricted to a single country and you admitted yourself that it's almost impossible to find a single metric encompassing all polls. In the rest of the world polls are even less frequent and comprehensive, so ultimately all any of us can do is offer our own estimates and I stick to mine from my years long online experience and reading.

I was talking about sailor v, he still doesn’t really do much in that just being there to facilitate mina’s antics. Not that Luna is much different but she has a lot more chapters to do stuff in the subsequent manga.

>Your polls are restricted to a single country
Your argument was that Japan loved Ami the most, and Japan is the very country those polls were conducted in.
What are you basing your claims on? Those handful of TV magatize polls where she came first with 500 votes, followed by some other series' character with 400 votes? Sorry to tell you, user, but those polls were dominated by otaku, many of them fanatic enough to send multiple postcards. And since parely anyone took part, that would have had an influence.
The polls posted in here are official Nakayoshi polls for actual readers of the manga, and had about 1000 times as many participants as your TV magazine polls.

>you admitted yourself that it's almost impossible to find a single metric encompassing all polls
That is true when it comes to comparing characters that were in one poll but not the other. But Minako, Ami, Makoto and a few others were in all of them, and in all of them, Minako did notably better than Ami, who in turn did notably better than Makoto.
And both Hotaru and Setsuna did well in the poll they were introduced, so did Haruka and Michiru.

>I was talking about sailor v, he still doesn’t really do much in that just being there to facilitate mina’s antics.
You should reread it. He's a strong support for her and gives sound advice allthroughout. He also has a whole chapter centered alomst exclusively on him.

I give :(

Attached: Sailor Pluto by Misty-Mirage on DeviantArt.jpg (591x1154, 101.15K)

BLACK LADY