So there is Vash who is a superhuman that loves humanity...

So there is Vash who is a superhuman that loves humanity, and then there is Knives who is a superhuman that hates humanity. And Knives tries to convince Vash that humans are garbage by manipulating the Gung-ho Guns into doing awful things so that Vash will agree with him that humans suck?

Attached: vash the stampede.jpg (1280x720, 185.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gOwcbqQeCQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's a qrd of the anime ain't it?

>Knives tries to convince Vash that humans are garbage by manipulating the Gung-ho Guns into doing awful things
No.
The idea is the force Vash to make a choice. Remember the spider that Vash saved?
Knives is certain that if Vash accepts that can't save everybody, he will eventually come down on racial lines and protect plants from humans.
And Vash proves to him that not only will he hold onto his ideal of protecting everybody - even after killing somebody -, but that he is in fact closer to choosing humanity than choosing Knives.

PEACE

>but that he is in fact closer to choosing humanity than choosing Knives.
But this bit is really minor in comparison with the first part.

but what about the end of the anime where Vash spares Knives? Isn't he gonna murder the fuck out of Meryl and Millie the minute he wakes up? Knives is very staunch, he will kill them. ESPECIALLY if he thinks they are taking his brother away.

>but what about the end of the anime
First of all, that's anime original.
And secondly, that is very much in line with Vash trying to save everybody.
If necessary he will break contact with people for a while until he is confident that Knives won't kill anyone anymore. He is serious about this.

The manga's ending shows that Knives has learned his lesson.

>The manga's ending shows that Knives has learned his lesson

Attached: how do you do.jpg (400x400, 19.16K)

He turned into an apple tree. I think that counts.

Probably 1% of Trigun fans have actually read the manga. Themes are a lot better covered in the manga, but the art is kinda shit and the action doesn't flow that well. Anime looks better, manga is the better story.

There's no story that would be better to get a "brotherhood" adaption of the manga than Trigun.

Attached: gblj.jpg (1456x1023, 198.04K)

Would be nice. I liked the way the anime handled Legato a lot more though. I do love that wolfwood death scene in the manga. The genetically modified aging child supersoldiers organization I could have done without

Wolfwood's arc was amazing.

Theme of Vash saving Knives when the stakes were far larger, and the entire world was watching, even if it made him an enemy of the world. It was more in character than the anime ending which just kinda half assed the final battle.

Also Wolfwoods entire store and character in the manga was far better. Anime focused on the girls, manga focused on Wolfwood and Vash's relationship, you got a lot more depth there. Reveal that Wolfwood was really like 14 years old but due to accelerated aging due to his healing medicine made him look older, like a shitty version of Wolverine, it was good. Plus Razio being Wolfwood's legacy wasn't that bad. All around that part with Wolfwood was better off.

Vash is super cool. Leaving this here:

youtube.com/watch?v=gOwcbqQeCQA

Yeah knives is very tacked on in the anime. Legato forcing vash to kill him was just so much better than what happened in the manga

I probably need to go back and reread, it's been over a decade since I read it.

>The genetically modified aging child supersoldiers organization I could have done without
Yeah that bit was overdone and it changes your perception of Wolfwood's character.

I dropped Trigun yesterday after 4 episodes since it was all just "hurr durr case of mistaken identity so fanny" over and over. Did I make a mistake, bros? Is there more to it?

wish the rest of the manga got adapted, bits of it are a drag but the Wolfwood arc is absoloutely fucking kino and its a tragedy we'll likely never see it animated

It's an exploration of a classic shonen hero trying to hold on to shonen hero ideals in a gritty world where people will die, no matter how hard he tries.
He's a cripple, an alcoholic, and at times deeply depressed.

But he is also goofy, because that's also a way of dealing with the pain.

I think you did, it's a really good show but I'd probably admit it takes some time to get going. The strength is in the characters, Vash, Wolfwood, the Insurance girls especially. Give it another go if your heart relents.

this whole scene is fucking devastating, I'm still chasing this feeling in every other manga and anime.

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 27.91K)

Fuck off, frog poster.

They stop using that gag around that episode.