Is Johan a good villain?

Is Johan a good villain?

Attached: 1.jpg (500x500, 29.86K)

He's an interesting character and his fucked-up relationship with his sister is really compelling, but just an okayish villain because they played other random one-off characters seeing him an omnipotent antichrist too often and too hard.

see: the Serial Killer Sandbox shit, among other things

I don't understand what he's trying to do.

Only for the first 3 episodes or so.

For the first few episodes I thought Johan was some kind of paranormal creature like the Anti-Christ or Satan, or like the villain from Storm of the Century. This guy while in coma somehow managed to get his hands on poisoned candy and killed people.
Then it turned out he is just the asspull 5D chess man and the universe falls in place to make everything magically work his way.

Yeah it was pretty thrilling, keyword: was

just finished the series last night. honestly, yeah. i like the fact that his reasons for being a villain aren't "i'm le evil" and that he was a broken flawed ass character i loved that

Isn't his reason for being evil that he was genetically bred and selected to replace Hitler?
Wasn't he evil not because he was broken and flawed but because when he was a little child the nazi scientists who took him in shivered in fear and worshipped him because of his asspull magic powers?
I don't think we watched the same anime.

i dont understand why is this show popular and held in high regard
guess there was just nothing else to watch at that time so people had patience to sit through this fucking slogfest of a story, and due to it being so fucking long they grew attached to it

>Isn't his reason for being evil that he was genetically bred and selected to replace Hitler?

no, his reason for being evil is the decision itself his mother had to face where she had to give up him or his sister. if his mom just protected them both and refused he wouldn't have felt like shit and ask to be killed every episode

>Wasn't he evil not because he was broken and flawed but because when he was a little child the nazi scientists who took him in shivered in fear and worshipped him because of his asspull magic powers?

the story is about nihilism, they all had some degree of it as grown ass men but the reason the alt right dickrode him so badly is because he was nihilist as shit

>I don't think we watched the same anime.

nah we watched the same anime its just a lot of bullshit reasons are brought up but the last reason given for why johan was how he was is the correct one

>Isn't his reason for being evil that he was genetically bred and selected to replace Hitler?
The nazis saw adult Johan as second hitler and wanted him to join.

Commies were trying to raise/brainwash children into being future leadership material. They failed with most of them probably because they were ordinary kids, while Johan was a genuine psychopath from birth. The only thing making him more dangerous than a typical psychopath was that he was also brainwashed/armed with the inhuman ideals they were forcing into the children.

>my mother gave me up
>so I will sit in a chair and everyone around me will kill eachother as I have perfect manipulation skills, not a single person in this room questions what is happening, try to hurt me or survive this fight
doesn't logically follow

think of it more like this

"my mother, the only thing i had as a foundation, gave me no name and almost chose me to be used. i don't matter. life doesn't matter. i will make it so i have solid proof that humanity and life isn't shit."

so he starts fucking with people's deepest emotions until they all go batshit insane and start killing eachother to get himself killed!

Attached: MV5BMTc5MTM0MjExN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg2NjU1MjE@._V1_.jpg (500x375, 23.05K)

What is the manipulation that causes a group of people to gather in the same room and perfectly kill eachother without a single person deciding to do something else like leave the room or locks the doors from the outside and firebomb the place? Was not a single person surviving it part of manipulation? Like did Johan go up to the biggest and toughest of the guys and go ''dude, you are the biggest one with the highest chances of survival, when the fight happens I want you to get yourself get stabbed three times to make it a little fair.''

>Commies
It was the nazis, not the guys who defeated them.
Lear the difference, bump Any Forums poster.

Kinderheim was run by commies

was it? sorry it's been awhile

>What is the manipulation that causes a group of people to gather in the same room and perfectly kill eachother without a single person deciding to do something else like leave the room or locks the doors from the outside and firebomb the place?

i think it's probably the fact that johan made them all deeply insecure/broken which made them fucking hate eachother because they needed something to lash out on

there are examples of people trying do their own thing like the kids who were hiding in kinderheim, but ultimately they all end up dying because they stop trusting anybody else

It wasnt nazis. Slavic commies did the experiments to create perfect soldiers and Eastern Germany run Kinderheim.

How many people were in that room? When exactly would Johan have time to perfectly manipulate every single one of them to do just exactly what he wanted? 100 people?

even grown ups have people they follow/take orders from. once some of the more influential people are broken and go apeshit the others really have no choice but to be killed or fend for theirselves.

So he only mindbroke a couple of people and then did some chaos theory calculations in his head to perfectly predict that everyone else would fall in line and they would all fight in a specific place at a specific time perfectly leaving no survivors?
It would actually be cooler if Johan would mindbreak one person at a time. One guy ends up killing someone. A day later someone else dies. Someone kills themselves. A body shows up next week.
Instead we get perfect mass hypnosis ass pull. Everyone killing eachother because they are mindbroken and want everyone in the room dead, except Johan who is sitting there. Not a single person in the room goes ''hey, fuck that guy too, I want that guy dead.''
Makes sense.