Why are Japanese authors so obsessed with multi color eyes and pink hair...

Why are Japanese authors so obsessed with multi color eyes and pink hair? Can multi color eyes and pink hair exist in real life?

Attached: 1644433444986.png (1249x709, 1001.27K)

They went extinct

because of europeans?

cartoon people aren't real. they don't act like real people and they don't look like real people, and nobody wants them to do so.

you are not making any sense user

Black hair is boring.

It's a design thing lorewise blue hair is for example black in most franchises, not sure what pink equivalent would be though

>multi color eyes
You mean heterochromia?
That can exist.

Attached: heterochromia music singer guy mike something.jpg (1600x999, 71.39K)

i know about heterochromia user, i didn't meant that

>when they just say "fuck it" and give each character the same color eyes as their hair

Attached: yande.re 256157 cosplay hinata_yukari ichii_yui kin'iro_mosaic nonohara_yuzuko pantyhose tabata_hisayuki yuyushiki.jpg (2875x3955, 3.58M)

Idk about you but I'm really loving the two-tone hair color that's been appearing recently in some shows

>Multi color eyes
Because this new art technique called shading you absolute sped

In the early 1980s, the PC-9800 series was dominant in Japan, and the number of simultaneous colors was 16. Soon after, the PC-9800 series expanded the number of colors to 4096, but the 16 colors that could be expressed simultaneously continued until the early 1990s. The effect of this color limitation was clearly seen in erotic games, where female characters with pink or blue hair became commonplace. The erotic game industry later entered the animation industry, which in turn led to the spread of characters with oddly colored hair to the manga industry.

Attached: 1306525287832.jpg (800x600, 167.4K)

The most egregious thing about modern anime is the lack of noses. I want my anime girls to have well defined aesthetic noses.

Attached: Mima.Kirigoe.full.3105675.jpg (931x1319, 1.1M)

pink is a stylization of blonde
just like orange and red are stylizations of brown, and green/blue/purple aare stylizations of black

It's easier to tell characters apart

Because it looks good
Any more questions?

Attached: 81519867_p0.jpg (1500x1060, 1.27M)

Color printing is expensive, and displaying lots of colors on a computer screen used to be impossible. You didn't waste it on ordinary dark brown hair. By contrast, animation didn't have to be printed or saved to a disk. Coloring is still time-consuming, but it's been mandatory on Japanese TV since 1971, and it's less intensive than drawing frames.
Going from source material where no color was wasted, to anime where color was dirt-cheap, the result was a firehose of vibrant nonsense.

>pink is a stylization of blonde
and biggest cope award goes to...

>Coloring is still time-consuming
isn't it easier with digital?

Vastly easier, though it's still technically quicker to make anime in black-and-white.