Can you teach metallurgy and how to make alloys to isekai natives anons like this MC dude anons?

Can you teach metallurgy and how to make alloys to isekai natives anons like this MC dude anons?

Attached: 1647130057435.jpg (1115x1600, 681.08K)

I mean, alloy is old tech, a medieval world would probably have alloy already, so it's just some new knowledge if you want good alloy

>alloys
You can't do jackshit without knowing the exact ratios.

Or how to recognize the metals you are talking about.

Probably not. Like where are you going to find those alloying materials? Iron and carbon are easy enough but I couldn't tell you where to get chromium or molybdenum out of ground.

>>stainless steel
If it doesn't involve CNC machines then fuck you author you're literally just reading off jpwiki you fucking hack
stick to removing as much carbon as possible from the steel

>end of chapters
AAAAAAAAA I WANT MORE
CONTINUE THE SERIES YOU HACK

Attached: 36-o.jpg (1115x1700, 606.14K)

Ancient people already had steel though.

Bronze and brass predate iron usage. So to say they don't know what alloying is means you are a fucking retard.

>to say they don't know
Neither of those posts did that.

>whoa whoa whoa, slow down there
>what are you getting at?
>do you think we're morons or what? of course we know what alloys are
That's how this conversation goes, right? I mean, alloys predate fucking writing.

>bronze era tech
LMAO

How can you be in a medieval world if Bronze, aka 1000BC tech is revolutionary?

Tin
Steel
Aluminium
Platinum
Abd so on are where the modern world was built

If you dont even know concrete, then you should stop being so pretentious

Why do you claim that they are medieval?

I always had this idea where you hire an alchemist to determine ratios, then a blacksmith to work the metal. Is that a good idea?

just because you know it doesn't mean you can do it

Attached: isekai washboard.jpg (697x1826, 326.58K)

>hire an alchemist to determine ratiosDetermine the ratio for what?
What is he optimizing for?
How will he test it?

>then a blacksmith to work the metal
If you can produce the alloy (first step), then you don't need a special blacksmith. You make your casts and fill them up.
Bronze is good for casting.

Rigjt
Coats never existed till industrial era

I repeat the question.
What is your basis for assuming that it's a medieval world and should have a specific tech level?

>bronze weaker than iron
>prioritizing stainless steel over spring
MIDWIT FUCKS. THE IRON AGE STARTED WHEN THE *FUCKING SEA PEOPLE* SACKED EVERY CENTER OF LEARNING ON THE MEDITERRANEAN. THE BRONZE AGE COLLAPSE GUTTED LONG-DISTANCE TRADE AND MADE IMPORTING TIN TO MAKE BRONZE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR MANY PLACES (COPPER AND TIN DO NOT NATURALLY OCCUR ANYWHERE NEAR ONE ANOTHER) WHICH FORCED METALWORKERS TO SWITCH TO SOFTER, CORROSION-PRONE, CRACK-HAPPY IRON -SHIT-PURELY BECAUSE IT HAD A ONE-POINT SUPPLY CHAIN. IRON WAS A REGRESSION.

STAINLESS STEEL IS PUNK TRASH WHOSE ONLY USE IS ENABLING SLOPPY MAINTENANCE HABITS. IN TERMS OF HARDNESS, DUCTILITY, STRENGTH-TO-WEIGHT BOTH COMPRESSIVE AND TENSILE, CRACK RESISTANCE, AND GRAIN CREEP, OTHER ALLOYS BEAT THE ABSOLUTE SHIT OUT OF IT AT THE LOW FUCKING COST OF REGULAR OILING. OR PAINT.

put chrome in everything to blind enemy

A hunch
Thats what

So your entire post is pointless. Gotcha.

expectations come with a setting
what's the point in keeping that setting if you're not going to do anything with it

And was i wrong?

>expectations come with a setting
Most isekai are set in a vague setting that can't really be placed in any specific point in time technology-wise which the writers call medieval for simplicity.
That doesn't actually carry any implications as far as technology goes.
There are isekai settings where the natives have developed guns (and it's still called medieval).

shit gentlemennigger thread

You demanded that they have more tech than they apparently do.
So yeah.

>have highgrade tailoring machines to produce coats and shirt
>have no bronze

Lol ok
Its called plot hole

If an isekai relies on our metals, it's fucked. Even high quality steel is a consumption good on a battlefield and that's without jacked stats and classes.

>which the writers call medieval for simplicity.
Akshually it's all reader assumption, the writers themselves never explicitly call them medieval
At most you will have MC say "idk the town looks kinda fantasy medieval but I never been to europe so dunno" on the first town

I never argued that their tech level made sense.
You are moving the goalposts.

Do you retards think the real world works like a game and you can't skip steps on the tech tree?

If you have the capability to produce the tools for leather craft and tailor, then you should have access for steel.

Copper and iron arent good for needkes and awls

I could easily find inconsistencies if i read this but nah

Don't expect much from realismfags user, they are retarded, please be patient

Considering you need the advancements to produce them, YES

Do you realize that there are real world examples of iron-less societies with leathercraft and tailoring?

Hurr
Ask no question
Just consuuuuum

"Put metal in other metal to make better metal" is such a basic step that you might as well have the MC teach people that you can put certain foods near fire to make them more edible.

Wow, as expected of the hero! We never know we could do that. What do you call it? Couking?!

You actually need steel to produced machinery capable of these kind of stuff, unless you just handwave it with magic, I guess.
In a roundabout way, you also need gunpowder to develop steam engines.

Who the fuck cares
Post who you want to FUCK right now

Nothing as fine as a coat