Let's be real

You only like it because when you first saw it, you were easily impressionable and had the lowest of expectations for a magical girl show. You saw that it was dark and subsequently thought it was the most innovating thing ever. The more magical girl shows you watch, the less you like Madoka.

Attached: madokamagica.jpg (1000x1500, 175.31K)

It didn't like it when I first saw, only after watching a bunch of anime and returning to it did I fully appreciate it.

Well, it's certainly better directed and composed than a lot of other anime.

I liked it because it looked and sounded pretty

Stop making these stupid threads, you contrarian newfag.

Go to Reddit if you want a hugbox.

"Magical girl" is a sub-genre of superheroes. They are both about costumed heroes with pre-determined powers fighting villains of the week. Superheroes being dark wasn't even remotely new in 2011, and Madoka doesn't impress me.

I'm a reasonable person, but you'll never change my mind on this.

You only need to watch 4 mahou shoujo anime to see everything the genre has to offer; Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Princess Tutu and Madoka Magica.

Attached: 1574796608583.jpg (1009x662, 355.9K)

>you'll never change my mind
Then there is no reason for this thread to exist as there is no discussion to be had.

Madoka is my favorite overrated show. I like the art direction and sound design, the plot's pretty good but not revolutionary, the characterization is above average compared to most one-cour shows that match the glacial pace of a shounen adaptation, and overall I think it's worth watching. I don't think it deserved to become the benchmark that all magical girl shows but Pretty Cure try to match, especially since most of the shows that try to follow after it use being edgy in place of an interesting story or good design, but that ship has sunk.

Also, the way there's a love song after Sayaka and Kyouko bite it even though Sayaka's wish was to meant to get her a boyfriend is funny and I'll admire the hustle to get the yurifag money.

daily veg schizo seethe thread?

Attached: 5.png (1682x1328, 126.5K)

The first time I saw it I didn't think much of it. I rewatched it five years later and had to come to terms with the fact that it became my favorite anime.

I have been watching anime since the 90s and Madoka is still my all time favorite.

Attached: 1626463506689.jpg (1080x1764, 336.15K)

When I first watched it, I had been an anime fan for roughly 17 years and had already seen numerous dark anime including dark mahou shoujo anime. The reason I liked Madoka was because it was a good story and I, as I would expect of any normal person, still have the capacity to like something even if it reminds me of something I've already seen.

Attached: 1509599659846.jpg (320x320, 10.73K)

Not really, but thanks for asking.

I like it because i watch it when i had 22, and i just watched rebellion this week, it was fucking awesome shut the fuck up op and go eat some dick

Attached: 1645733550311.jpg (360x450, 39.01K)

I had already watched and liked a few magical girl shows before watching Madoka. I never really thought it was especially "new" though and was wondering if I'd missed something when people kept talking about a massive twist and such. I like it on its own merits, and because I like Shaft's direction. And watching a lot more magical girl series after it hasn't impacted my feelings about it outside of reinforcing my love of longer series over 12 episode ones.

Attached: HimeChanNoRibbonReaction2.jpg (447x576, 192.58K)

I don’t see nanoha and Strike witches in there. Your list is shit

Your taste is shit

I started getting into magical girl shows after watching Madoka but Madoka is still my favorite magical girl show and favorite anime because it's a truly well told story.

>I'm a reasonable person
You aren't a reasonable person Steins schizo, and you never have been. It's a literal miracle from heaven that you've only samefagged one time this thread so far.

>among us meme
nice LARP underage user

>The more magical girl shows you watch
See, I don't watch other magical girl shows besides Madoka, so this never happened