Is old anime good? I'm tired of bad new anime and I was wondering if old is better than new

Is old anime good? I'm tired of bad new anime and I was wondering if old is better than new.

Attached: mpc-hc64_2021-07-28_23-50-11.png (1920x1080, 3.03M)

Old anime is great. OP's pic is fucking great

New thing bad old thing good, but unironically.

Attached: 1629122054918.jpg (299x168, 5.17K)

Don't think that Harlock represents what was typical then but yes

Lazy Matsumoto was everywhere from mids 70s to early 80s so I think Harlock counts.

Some are. Some aren't.

On average, the stories were far better, the animation was far better, the writing was far better.

Attached: Lina Bridal.jpg (653x536, 35.47K)

Old anime has the benefit that you will mostly hear about the good or influential stuff. It's not that it's better it's that there are decades of content with only the best still being recommended. The OVA market during the 80's/90's also allowed for some high budget risky projects.

Thanks for sharing

you're delusional if you think the average tv anime pre-1998 was better animated than anything modern. Some of those shows were animated at like 2 frames a second

>Is old anime good?
The good ones are good, and the bad ones are not. You know, just like any era.

Everything era has shit but new anime tends to have lower lows.

It's an acquired taste.

Attached: AAAH.jpg (640x480, 89.42K)

No one in those days couldve foreseen the ability to view inbetween frames like we can today.
I thank them for these glorious abominations to keep us entertained.

Old anime is unquestionably good. They created by hand the best of stories, using 1/4th the budget, half the labour, half the time, and twice the hard work that they needed. They did it using the cheapest of paints, the cheapest of machines, and sometimes entire sequences lifted from completed animations, all on clear plastic cells used many times. There are many good old anime, and many more junk old anime made because someone tried to make a few bucks. There are many things that have improved. But the ratio is the same. There are some good new anime, and many more junk anime made because someone thought he could make a few bucks- and that the computers were cheap. But the best of the old anime has not been surpassed, and likely never will.
At most, there may be a copyright revival, like with Captain Harlock, Enma, Laughing Salesman, Dororo, etc. And I name them because they were good enough to be remembered, liked, and bought.

Attached: 1284221875352.jpg (640x480, 64.6K)

Not necessarily. Some are good some are bad, pretty much like all media. Though as it is old media, some may not have aged as well as others.
Old anime have a really different kind of atmosphere compard to new anime imo.

Here is a tip
don't follow seasonals, ever.
Look around and watch things that look cool, new old or ancient.
Watch ninja scroll and then watch ninja slayer
Watch death rebirth, and the end of evangelion, and then watch the rebuilds
Watch kimba the white lion and then watch BNA
Watch boku no pico and then watch FREE!
At times, certain eras will feel like they produce far better works, but that happens because of the people who worked on those things, not because of the times or the medium.

Attached: afd0888692a3954e98cd98022df95189.jpg (549x308, 17.12K)

Kimba The White Lion is dub only which is heavily edited

The movie is sub, and the show is still fun to watch.
You can read the manga too.
Or is it leo?
I don't remember anymore, been a long time since I touched it.

Yes, old anime is the best.

Attached: Soulful 90s TV Anime.gif (640x480, 1.41M)

Newfren user is just asking if old anime is worth watching and the Any Forumsnons who have been jaded by half a decade of old v new can't give him a damn answer.
Yes, it's nice. Lots of great stuff to enjoy.