Lupin III Part 6

What a fever dream of an episode. It feels like three weeks worth of plot at once, and this claustrophobic atmosphere reminds me of a movie I can't remember.

And what was up with this scene?

Attached: 1640217901165.jpg (1920x1080, 171.43K)

Attached: [SubsPlease] Lupin III - Part 6 - 22 (1080p) [662023AE].mkv_snapshot_05.37.816.jpg (1920x1080, 681.77K)

This episode filtered me so hard. What the fuck was Tomoe's problem?

Same, maybe I'm just a brainlett.

Attached: 1639405345365.png (1280x727, 588.57K)

It looks like Tomoe hypnotically conditions her students, maybe to turn them into Manchurian agents. "Daijoubu" is probably a trigger word to enter trance. (I don't have the other episodes on my drive right now, but I think she also said that repeatedly in other flashbacks.)

Mariel falling in love with Sean probably messed with her plan, so Tomoe tried to brainwash her to believe Allen was the father and to kill Sean to tie up loose ends, but she accidentally killed both of them and committed suicide.

My biggest takeaway is the implication that Lupin and Mattea might also be Manchurian agents, but for what purpose?

That Finn went catatonic when she learned of Mariel's suicide could mean that some of Tomoe's conditioning transferred to her when she listened to the tapes, making her believe she was Mariel, which was reinforced by her grandmother's dementia (or was that also conditioning?)

I still don't get how Mariel even died, where are you getting her suicide from?

Attached: 1628996290102.jpg (1920x1080, 308.68K)

But that's some other character, note the freckles. It also happened while Mariel was still pregnant and on the phone with Sean, no?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 236.67K)

Now that I look at that again, this girl has freckles and different hair (but the hair might be because this is months after the other flashbacks, after she gave birth.) In any case, I can't make any sense of this scene if this is *not* Mariel.

The phone scene is meant to be suspect, because we hear Sean and Allen arguing with each other. How is that supposed to work? That might be a manipulated memory.

By "how is that supposed to work", I mean they seem to hate each other's guts enough that they wouldn't be in the same room together, and rotary phones couldn't combine calls as far as I know. Sean also seems to imply Allen raped Mariel.

Wait, it's a touch dial phone, but an old analog type, so the point still stands. This ep was so good at messing with my head I keep having to go back to make sure I didn't remember things wrong.

I assumed Allen walked in on Sean talking to her here and they started arguing, but I don't see any phone here so I don't know.

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1920x1080, 286.94K)

Oh, I was just thinking "if only we had Finn's birthday" before spotting this. It's the same day as the shooting so I don't see how it could've been Mariel.

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1080, 145.87K)

I think Sean was confronting Allen there, and Mariel walked in on them. Look how far away she is. The audio of that scene is played as if it were the phone call Mariel was listening to when she collapsed, but I think that's a manipulated memory. Tomoe wanted her to kill Sean (or maybe both of them), and wanted her to remember it as if one of them (or both of them) killed each other.

I'm watching Lupin III part 1 right now.

I've seen the reviews. And I think:

Part 1 is the psycho lupin
Part 2 is the kid friendly lupin
Part 3 is the boring lupin
Part 4 is the psycho but not as psycho as part 1 lupin
Part 5 is just fujiko
Part 6 is ????

Did I got that right?

Attached: 5fb9d8487f618e3b272ab0c1a998240c.gif (500x366, 1016.15K)

Oh damn, nice catch. Maybe the shooter was another one of Tomoe's students. I'm tempted to say it might even be Finn who was conditioned and repressed the memory, but that's crazy enough they couldn't really expect viewers to pick up on it, and that still wouldn't explain the freckles.

>Maybe the shooter was another one of Tomoe's students.
That was my initial thought but then it doesn't explain how Mariel died, unless it's something totally underwhelming like maternal death. Then again there's this scene with the three graves where the leftmost one does look like Mariel's image there. It doesn't seem to add up one way or the other.

Attached: output.jpg (1920x2160, 417.03K)

Wait: the shooter was probably "Mariel's friend" Catherine. It would be weird to namedrop her and show that Mariel doesn't remember her if that played no role in anything. Catherine was probably another one of Tomoe's agents, and Mariel probably did die in childbirth.

Attached: 1642161949122.jpg (1920x1080, 162.57K)

Nice episode

Attached: [SubsPlease] Lupin III - Part 6 - 22 (1080p) [662023AE].mkv_snapshot_20.46.544.jpg (1920x1080, 323.09K)