/retro/ - Retro Anime General

This thread is for discussion of anime made on or before 2002 (20 years ago).

Streaming Sites:
RetroCrush - retrocrush.tv
Midnight Pulp - midnightpulp.com/browse/anime
HIDIVE - hidive.com/tv/all?sort=o-n&audio=all&subtitles=all
Fantasy Anime - fantasyanime.com/anime/
Netflix and Amazon Prime have some stuff too.

Info Pages:
MAL - myanimelist.net/anime/season/2002/winter
Wikipedia - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_in_anime

Previous Thread: ...no replies on the last one, lol T_T

Attached: 1616341379115.jpg (1280x960, 223.88K)

Why 2002? Why not 2009?

>2002 (20 years ago)

I'm mostly just sticking to the /vr/ rule of 20 years. That's really the only reason.

>General
>fucking Streaming links
>/vr/
Please stop and don't do this ever again.

Any good direct link retro anime site? I am tired of finding 0 seeds on my torrent search. I am not going to suck mods dicks for private tracks.

If you don't like it then go somewhere else. You aren't forced to interact with this thread.

Tomomi Mochizuki is one of the greatest directors ever
Everything he made is so good

Attached: iwtrttd.jpg (600x337, 39.24K)

Would having a list of sites like that be of interest to people? I can try and dig some up for this and future threads possibly

Attached: 1643650191274.jpg (897x647, 218.82K)

Is it just me or does Kyosuke have the biggest case FOMO i've ever seen
He's got no chill

Attached: 1625571506439.jpg (600x338, 37.63K)

I tried some dl sites recently myself, but you'll get bombarded by ads and virus prompts

posting that streaming shit is reddit tier and if you use those sights you're pretty fucking dumb

turn 18 please

orange road is legitimately the best looking, best visually directed anime ever made and whenever you bring that up here contrarian fags just shit on the show but it actually looks sooooo good.

Go back to your Nagatoro threads.

Where's the discord link

check out unico and the island of magic and gauche the cellist

I've been rewatching Escaflowne in HD recently and it looks so fucking good it's unreal

Attached: 1626633501887.webm (1280x960, 2.83M)

you are clearly from reddit

I'm 40 bro.

I don't use torrents because I can never get a stable/consistent dl speed with them

have you seen record of lodoss war? Probably the best looking anime in that sort of fantasy style

see

Yesterday I finished the first season of Slayers. Today I will start the second season. I miss DnD slowpaced ripoffs.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26.04K)

Yeah I love Lodoss too. I haven't finished it though. Deedlit is a peach.

Attached: 1633382633331.webm (957x720, 2.21M)

Sorry, not sorry, but you may have need to perish

(Not against the idea since i still hope to gain the power enough to make a whole fucking /retro/ board)

Attached: 1636515699368.jpg (1200x600, 102.62K)

yeahhhh that's fair, I don't actually torrent much either, mostly use 9anime.to, it's got compression artifacts but it's worth not having to download shit, with my internet it takes like 10 fucking hours to download a 50 gb 24 episode bd release

>General
>Streaming

>General
>Streaming Sites

Attached: habeeb.jpg (400x285, 13.07K)

kill yourself fag

>it takes 10 hours
Oh the horror, oh the humanity

Attached: 1630039064624.gif (500x375, 392.96K)

Your very existence is pollution.

Shabranigdo is a fucking bro. I was so pumped when he appeared the first time, the stakes in the series felt like it had a palpable jump. I was kind of unimpressed with Rezo at that point so yeah

Attached: 1617956802196.jpg (520x400, 24.15K)

well I do it sometimes, only for anime I really want to see in really high quality though

I wonder what tolkien would think about people lusting over the elfs he essentially created

elves were present in european mythology long before tolkien.

I guess I can understand how you feel.
I just feel like 10 hours isn't very long, maybe it's because I'm old though and used to much longer wait times.
I used to just use Winamp Shoutcast to watch streaming anime back in the day, although you weren't able to pick and choose which episode you were watching with that

Attached: 1630479482596.png (1100x1044, 506.26K)

But tolkien created elfs as every anime portraits.
Before that elfs where more like fairies.

I think he'd have bigger questions than what people tug it to in the modern world honestly

theres something called cytube that seems pretty similar to winamp shoutcast

is this actually your first week on the internet? how did you even find this website without at least knowing how to tune an ad locker?

Yeah I know what you mean. Convoluted selfish triangle aside, everything about orange road was superb.

Something I realized the other day is the name of the coffee shop ABCB must be a joking self reference to the way the characters constantly take two steps forward and one step back in their relationships, since in the 70s/80s "ABCD" was the japanese equivalent term of "base running" to sex.

This is pretty similar actually, yeah. Thanks user, think I'll check it out

Attached: 1645854972480.webm (768x576, 2.75M)

Gem

I just finished watching the first season of SLAYERS and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It never had me on the floor dying of laughter, but it did make me actually laugh a handful of times. It has a nice saturday morning anime feel that made it fun to watch periodically. Not something I'd ever wanna binge. The cons were mostly just certain arcs being dragged on too long, some jokes being repetitious or repetitive, or just Lina being an annoying glutton got grating at times.

What's your consensus about this show? Will start season 2 soon after I finish spice and wolf s2, any of the movies worth a watch?

Attached: slayers.jpg (1280x720, 313.57K)