Share your fav horror manga/anime

HIDEOUT for me

Attached: Horror-Manga-Monsters.jpg (2000x1000, 476.46K)

No I refuse to share

I don't have one never found a interesting horror manga

I liked the first season of Yami Shibai

baki dou

i really like Boku ga Shinu dake no Hyakumonogatari so far, not really incredibly spooky but its interesting to me

Attached: 2154.png (703x246, 179K)

It may be a bit normalfaggy but I really like a lot of Ito's works, my favorite being Tomie.

I've also been reading Blood on the Tracks (Chi no Wadachi) and I like it so far but I haven't finished it.

Attached: Tomiemanga8792.jpg (250x305, 24.69K)

>tomie
which story is your favorite?
mine is the guy who gave zero fucks about her and then everyone fucking stabbed each other to death

Pedestrian answers but Fuan no Tane and Uzumaki I've read a lot of other horror manga but I really think those are the best.

Gou Tanabe's Lovecraft adaptations are fucking MASTERPIECES, especially Mountains of Madness, but I'm not really counting them because the core of the material is Lovecraft's, not Tanabe's. Not that Tanabe's art doesn't add incredible value to the story, because it does. imo it's the best way to read it, which is probably a hot take.

It straddles between horror and something else, but Petshop of Horrors was a favorite of mine growing up. It's not really "keeps you up at night" scary but I do think it's still """proper horror""" in a way a lot of stuff usually listed under horror tags isn't, like.... I dunno, Tokyo Ghoul.

I've been really impressed with how Mieruko-chan has genuinely unsettled me at times despite being first and foremost a comedy manga.

I can't decide if it's appropriate to call Blood on the Tracks "horror", but holy shit the mom is scary as fuck

This has been fun, some of the stories are kinda dumb but some are pretty good and I'm curious to see where the framing device is going

Oh I also liked Shibito no Koe o Kiku ga Yoi a lot, though I dunno if it really scared me much. Still was a great ride.

Attached: tumblr_8a9199900edc6d0e1e1d481345b2767c_cccb44b8_540.png (540x470, 205.01K)

>getting scared by drawings
Lmao, how old are you?

I call dibs on 2nd from left. Nobody, but me can take on this HORROR!

Definitely read this if you like Dusk Maiden of Amnesia/Tasogare Otome x Amensia

Attached: tumblr_ee87e5fefe7fc74c525cecc23cf1b5f5_ecea5b27_540.jpg (540x749, 114.19K)

Not enjoying something doesn't mean you "beat" it user, you'll learn when you grow up

I like the one that's kind of a lore dump where Tomie is living with an older guy and that photographer girl is invited over because they want to experiment on her and inject Tomie fluids into her. It's the one with the Tomie worm creature coming down the stairs at the end.

I also like the one called Little Finger because of how psychologically messed up it is. Also the one where they make sake out of Tomie.

And my favorite non-Tomie Ito manga is Long Dreams. That's one that sticks with me and I think about a lot.

>horror
>shows just some funny or weird looking faces
I hate this meme.

bait

Not him but I really like the one with the one where the mountain climbers find her. It's probably the most scary to me because they're already in a survival situation and her weird mind control is making the dude give up his coat and shit, and I identified with how the main guy rationalizes cutting her up more than some of the other stories where they're just kinda like "And now I'm CUHRAAAAAAAZY". I also like the ones where Tomie herself is scared of getting cut up (despite doing all the stuff that leads to it on purpose), makes everything feel more fucked

Nah get bent, visual medium. Seeing some fucked up shit makes it scarier. Fuan no Tane works because of it's situations and plenty of it would be scary even just in text, but the inhuman energy of it's creatures adds a lot

Layers of Fear is the best short story Ito produced in my opinion. The backgrounds of the characters are explained without having to resort to infodumps which would break the pace of the story. The concept is very unique for his works (and in general?), and doesn't feel like a retread of some boring Eldritch guy-goes-crazy which feels like every other story. There's usually a single stand-out character that you can get a good impression of in a work, but I felt like all three characters had a lot shared in a very short amount of time.

Fingers was the best Tomie story for me. Not as melodramatic as the early ones, but not as dumb as the ones with the baby or evil sister. It explained her character and gave her a goal to overcome, and it was very satisifying when it finally happened in the end.

Attached: Dyv2vXzWkAkuSW4.jpg (1125x728, 200.39K)

My favorite Ito story is his rendition of Frankenstein. Unfortunately, it's not scary.

Attached: _methode_times_prod_web_bin_bbda888a-1c74-11ec-95b9-6429167b0259.jpg (1200x675, 110.82K)

>Unfortunately, it's not scary.
Disagree

Attached: fairy.jpg (600x500, 83.45K)

The true horror is the planet will be extinct soon thanks to her cruel acts.

Attached: 1352456135135.png (231x329, 70.88K)