Crunchymation dumped the Funi TLers

lmao
>A translator who worked on Funimation simulcast subtitles told ANN anonymously that they were informed two days before Christmas that they would no longer receive work from the company. The call came two months after their rates were raised while the translator was doing preproduction work on Winter 2022 simulcasts.

web.archive.org/web/20220311213232/https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2022-03-11/what-we-know-about-the-funimation-crunchyroll-merger/.183405

Attached: crfuni.jpg (600x315, 14.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-03-08/voice-actor-adr-director-daman-mills-accused-of-sexual-misconduct/.182629
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based

It's not like CR's own subbers are any better.

I hope they will dump their dub pedophiles too

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-03-08/voice-actor-adr-director-daman-mills-accused-of-sexual-misconduct/.182629

Is there any noticeable difference between their translators?

Pedophiles are the only good thing about them.

>disgusting 3dpd pedos
They're shit.

>implying there's a difference

If you knew anything about Austin Texas you wouldn't be saying this.

It's not like there will be any difference, they both hire from the same pool of translators

They unironically are less bad.

CR do have a less "freewheeling" style of translation on average though that could be more of a function of their style guides and PM oversight than of individual translator preferences.
That being said all the worst political garbage Funi spat out was dub scripts not sub scripts anyway, and dub script writers aren't translators and don't even know any Japanese.

I genuinely cannot tell the difference between a pile of shit and a load of garbage, but I'll take your word for it

based af

Just learn Japanese.

Less bad in a dumpster is like scaping off the maggots and saying it's fine to eat.

I think one of them was decent? Couldn't tell you who and I don't actually care.

It's because Crunchyroll pays their translators significantly less than Funimation so their translators are all either the oldfags from groups like LiveeviL/Shinsen/etc who have been around since the MX Media days and know what fans want out of subtitles, newfags who haven't had the time to drink the kool aid of their own inflated self importance yet, or SEAniggers

This tbqh

Not anime or manga.

They are and they even use honorifics on occasion. It's like going from diarrhea to a solid turd. This is good.