Do you beleive it is cringe to treat anime as a serious artistic meduim?

Do you beleive it is cringe to treat anime as a serious artistic meduim?

Attached: finalanime3x3.jpg (3264x2075, 2.2M)

No, but anime watchers just don't have any artistic sensibilities from which to judge it as an artform.

Alittle. Not all anime is meant to be serious and high brow.

Yes, because, "serious artistic mediums" are all garbage used either for money laundering or to fellate the ego of pseuds rather than actually perfecting a craft or touching an audience.

It's just a medium. It can produce art and it can produce schlock, just like any other medium.
The autistic shitflinging over anime is retarded, no matter which side you're on.

>cringe
Using cringe unironically as an adult is cringe.

I have been taught about all sorts of literature all of my teens in school and never have I ever found any story in any of those books that would be worth it as much as for example Attack on Titan (except Bible)

>serious artistic medium in a book
>random guy takes out a gun and shoots some other random irrelevant fodder
>le literature

agree but disagree with the Bible part, it's a nice fanfiction but it's non canon

This is a juvenile take, mostly parroted by internet dwelling gamers who don't engage with art.

I think one needs to take anime serious as an artistic medium without taking the plots of every single entry into it seriously, the same way you should take literature seriously but not take the plots of individual penny dreadfuls seriously

That just means you're either still very young or that your taste is shit.

yeah

Go jack off to your blue paint on a canvas user

Most of the time, yeah. This 3x3 doesn't make a good argument for that at all, for instance.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You beleive serious art is what the cartoons told as a kid it was, you're prone to sensationalization.
No one thinks a guy shitting in a can is serious art, we are talking about Edward Yang here.

Why would it be? It's a medium same as film or music.

>Edward yang
Good taste.

Pic related sold for over 40 million dollars, there are hundreds of other examples. Even the actual paintings I would consider good in art museums which I actually like looking at, I would not consider them to be better drawn or have more effort put into drawing it than a typical anime background, and they still buy them for millions. Stop the larp, "high art" is a joke.

These threads are the worst of Any Forums and probably made by the same people that used to spam Lain/Utena/HR hate threads.

Forgot pic

Attached: Honeyview_barnett_newman-300x300.jpg (300x300, 15.71K)

it's a genre of film or whatever, not a medium itself

A statue isn't any more or less artistic than a painting. An animation isn't any more or less artistic than a film. Anyone who thinks that a work's medium determines its artistic value is retarded.

investment value has nothing to do with art quality or what is high art

"Art" and "Serious" should never be in the same sentence

>made by the same people
It's literally just one guy spamming this thread over and over.

Except "high art" is literally defined by how much value people are willing to pay for it.

That's true. You could say anime is a subgenre of the medium of animation, which is a subgenre of film. Either way, my point stands.

Again you're prone to sensationalization, idiots will be idiots and there are tons of them, just because people buy stuff like this doesn't give you the right to scoff at everything that's labeled serious art and go "serious art is for idiots" , you 're not being a free thinker, you're just being ignorant.
And whether that piece is worse than the average anime background or not is up to debate.

Attached: 1639193297511.png (1553x863, 2.1M)

incorrect, you don't know the first thing about art.

why do i even bother responding to children

Yes, because then fuckheads come in and suck each other's dick about the 'artform'. Just want to watch interesting stories with good animation

Attached: ART IS DEEP.png (1170x666, 405.96K)

Read better books, ESL.

It's entertainment

Why are there so many npcs whose minds can only jump to NYtimes headlines and internet memes when the term "serious art" is mentioned?
Why can't your mind jump to Dostoevsky and Ozu instead? Do you only know how to think in memes? Do you only know to associate things with outrage?

Do you think you're smart for calling something everyone knows is stupid stupid?