Did/do your parents watch anime? Just found out my parents (both of them) watched Candy in the 80s...

Did/do your parents watch anime? Just found out my parents (both of them) watched Candy in the 80s. It was pretty surreal, they showed me the intro at the dinner table, it felt like one of those photos of a guy with his dakimakura seated at the table while his parents look on awkwardly, except the other way round.

Attached: Capture.png (830x583, 833.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uw3TISY-lZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just the random ones that came stateside. Gigantor, Astro Boy, Speed Racer. Mom was really into Gatchaman/G-Force back in the day.

It's nothing to be ashamed of, your parents are just European.

Yes, we live in a civilized country not like muttmerica where anime is evil or something

They're actually Turkish lol

middle-eastern europe is still europe

is Candy Candy actually a great anime though?

Idk, probably better than modern SoL

My mother watched Sailor Moon back in the day, so when she was teasing me for watching "japanese cartoons", I said she used to do the same thing. She was quite surprised by Sailor Moon being an anime.

I'm 90s kid. Anime were aired on open tv. Candy, Ranma, Dragon Ball, etc.

I estimated that dad could have bought a new Mustang for the same price as his library of every cheaply licensed and dubbed OAV ever sold at a Sam Goody.

Good shojo drama and TWEESTs

My folks watched Astro Boy and Candy with Argentinean dub.

It's amazing if you enjoy soap and seeing a young woman suffer and wonder just how much emotional pain she can take.

My mom's generation remenbers candy as a whore because of how many guys she had after her, lmao

>Mas puta que candy candy

Attached: vintage anime smug.png (933x720, 539.28K)

they did, with me, even until now.

Not that I know of except for Spirited Away and Mind Game. Anyway, Candy Candy really should be better known today, it has more soul than all the usual shoujo classics people watch.

Surprisingly good honestly, specially for the time. OP's also catchy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=uw3TISY-lZ8

Never at the same time, though. Also, the new one never appeared until some kind of horrible tragedy befell the previous, so it's not like the could feel cucked.

that was my mom's exact sentiment when she roped me into watching an episode with her

Yes. It's funny, girls seethe over husbando wars and the Candybowl, while as a guy you just want her to be happy and thus can appreciate the themes of the story more.