Unironically

Why can't Japs into good endings?

Attached: I_Am_a_Hero.jpg (265x375, 23.48K)

They can, but you only read 5% of what is translated and only read the trendy stuff and what's usually recommended instead of finding your own taste.

/Thread

Can someone tell me when this meme started? I remember when I was young in the 90s people didn't say that about anime/manga endings.

how is life, oldbro?

the avg nip ending is lurkwarm at best weeb, repost you're cop out argument again
>you only read 5% of what is translated
proove it faggot

Attached: dude trust me.jpg (500x488, 6.49K)

Oh, so just made this thread to ask for recs, OP? You gotta find your own stuff, plenty of good shit out there

fine, just chilling watching a documentary about putin while browsing Any Forums

This one particularly something big happened in the writer's life so he basically said fuck it and end it abruptly

what a faggot, I really enjoyed the beginning

My favorite work of his is this one

Attached: 71aUuVKKoDL.jpg (840x1184, 173.77K)

>nuuuuuuuu if the protagonist doesn't end the series with a harem and a bunch of kids how am I supposed to self insert and forget about being a sad lonely shit head and if I can't do that then the ending is bad reeeeeeeeeeee

Why cant people into realization that endings dont matter.
You dont reada story for the ending. You read it for the journey. Climax is the most important part. Ending is simply unwinding. If story is good it will stand on its own, no matter hos it ends.

What happened exactly?

Because the ending is just as important as the beginning. If it's shit, it will forever stain the work for you. Of course depending on how bad the ending was it might not ruin the whole experience for you as a reader, but I've read a few series where the ending really just ruined the whole thing that I had been enjoying until then.

>Because the ending is just as important as the beginning.

No it is. Most of the greatest works of fiction eithjusf end without anything big, have meh ending or quite often dont have an ending at all. It is only recently that people started obsessing over the endings, because they dont understand nature of stories.
>Verifucation not required
Keked

What do you mean by finding your own taste? Am I supposed to read through the 90 percent of garbage mangas that would literally take a lifetime to do just to find a good one, me and literally everyone else just goes by recommendation

The epilogue that came out recently rounded it up quite nicely.

Yes

Or it could be that the readers of today value a proper experience through the entire story rather than the nature of a good story. Seeing how turbulent the past few years have been, I can understand how some people might expect that the story they read would have an ending that left them with a good feeling after.

Yet again
If the story is good overall. The ending doesnt changes that. That argument never works. It is simply product of modern consumerist society trying to commodify everything and put it into neat little checkboxes.
>verification not required
Kek, even the site agrees

Kill yourself, Any Forumstard.

>endings don't matter
Fuck off.

I can see that we agree to disagree.

>You dont reada story for the ending. You read it for the journey
I don't agree with you. A trash ending can make you question the purpose of the whole journey and if it was even worth it in the first place. After reading it it can taint your whole experience of the story.

Lure 10 more years.