Fate/Apocrypha

What went wrong? Why is it literally the worst Fate installment?

Attached: e18b5aa86515fa9ba4e5483cdfacc7de.jpg (1080x1523, 174.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4-_buxB0TU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i forced myself through it for jack cunny that had like 5 minutes of screentime i don't remember the plot in the slightest

because of cardboard-kun

>Sieg
>Dracula (not vlad)
>masters (except Kairi)
>Sieg
>servants namedropping themselves immediately after you meet them (but IIRC that's because they were already in FGO)
The rest is... okay
Achilles vs Chiron is nice
Atalante vs Jeanne is nice
Vasavi Shakti was awesome youtube.com/watch?v=4-_buxB0TU8
but narratively and dialogue wise the entire story is flat.

You could also added the weird romance Jeanne and Sieg. Came out of nowhere and they ended up together. Give me a break. I seen hentai with better romance then this shit.

It could have been a mordred + necro master adventures but no, we have the bland twink homunculus as mc

And later we got FGO.
Temple of Time was pretty cool.

Attached: 1630596902840.jpg (6096x4105, 2.3M)

Everything and while a contender the worst Fate is UBW OVA.

Attached: Saber is racist.png (922x509, 420.42K)

I think even the people in TM came to realize it did not make sense and swept it under the rug (the classic way to retcon things in japanese media, ignore it and pretend it did not happened). The male mc from Fate Grand Order came to reemplace any love interest or romantic interaction for Jeanne. Which makes sense from a financial point.

I always thought it was because of Sieg, but reading the fgo event currently made me realize that he isn't really the problem, but that got more time than he should, and the whole romance with Jeanne was a mistake.

>7 masters vs 7 masters
>Just kidding ! Shirou murdered the red faction and became the master of the red servants.

>The male mc from Fate Grand Order came to reemplace any love interest or romantic interaction for Jeanne.
that sounds great, glad they fixed it

It sets up a confusing alternate scheme with teams of servants fighting each other, and then IMMEDIATELY backs out of it because they don't have the chops to deal with the situation they created. There are too many characters, two teams of servants in a 7 v 7 means 14 servants with 14 masters. Thats 28 characters JUST including the 'primary cast', no secondary characters at all. Which is obviously untenable, there isn't enough time for that shit. Apocrypha's solution is to just dispose of 6 Masters right off the bat and never even introduce them, and then write out a bunch of servants quickly/decide to literally never do anything with a few more to cut things down to a more manageable cast. So right out the gate, it was incapable of making use out of the potential it set up.

This becomes a running theme with the story. Whenever it doesn't know how to solve a problem, it will either ignore what it established previously or just make shit up. Remember how after the total number of servants dropped to 7, it was supposed to turn into a free for all again? The author didn't. The author also just let the grain start granting wishes when there were like 6 servants still alive, so whatever.

Sieg is the most LN protagonist character I have ever seen in any show. Like, goddamn, he literally just keeps getting new superpowers handed to him entirely without warning. He is Emiya Shirou without any of the buildup or payoff or justification, and half the personality.

Its just bad writing all around. There are a few good characters or decent ideas in the pot, but nothing has any room to grow or breath so its all just blended together into a vile sludge.

FGO pretty much became the ground for the writers to fix or retcon a lot of things. This include FGO itself too.

That's not what happened. That Jeanne is a different Jeanne since the Jeanne that Sieg loves has left the throne. The one that is in FGO is a different one. Also, the one in FGO doesn't love the master the same way Jeanne loves Sieg. She just treats him like a younger brother. It's just fan service as opposed to the offical relationship of Sieg and Jeanne.

I cared more about Frankenstein than Sieg and Frank had almost no dialogue.

This.

every FGO adaptation has been pretty good m8

no
1. Prismashit exist, there is a reason why prismashit has shit mangasales
2. Apo is better then Garbage Zero, better cast and half of them have actually character unlike Zero, good Main villain

hell no. The first OVA was garbage and the Camelot movie was trash. Babylonia also had issues at the end and with the writing in general. Not to mention the awful Tiamat CG model.

>cast too big
>MC is pretty much a blank slate, no defining personality traits that makes him stand out
>the evil mages in Apocrypha are caricatures compared to villains in F/Z and FSN
>Jeanne is boring
>Mordred is an annoying pain in the ass
>Marketing for Apocrypha baited FSN fans with a Shirou lookalike in priest garb
>Not enough of Achilles and Chiron

it seems as if the story was written to suit the epic battles. the characters will quickly change their objectives only for this beam battle to place

To be fair, it was supposed to be a MMO and the precursor to FGO, but plans got scrapped and it got turned into a LN

Yes it is. Gudao clearly became the replacement and the facto love interest of Jeanne. There's no different Jeanne, it's the same Jeanne joining forces with Chaldea and her Master Fujimaru to save humanity. Going back to the topic, one of her room lines mention she will always stay by her Master's side. And this without mentioning Valentine or other related events.
The term younger brother and older sister is a playful term for couples, and even a trope in anime and manga. For example Kazuya in Konosuba is not saying something like " I want an older sister just because I want another sibling". He wants an older girl that can be his girlfriend and call older sister.
You tried to cover all Jeannes and still failed. Because normal Jeanne, summer Jeanne, and even her most recent version with her new dress are a romantic option for Fujimaru. Saying it's fanservice is also not going to save you here, for a lot of TM works have fanservice as important parts of the story and characters.
And saying this is a different character is also not going to save you, Anastasia and most recently Saber with Castoria are proof of that.

At least we have Jalter.

Replace the word Mordred with Astolfo in your post, and you're spot on.

Indeed.

Both Jalter and Jeanne are for you. The person you are replying clearly is coping.

Neat

Absolutely. This is not the first time I have seen that post and this usually happens when someone mentions the fact Jeanne is a romantic intereste for Gudao.