Villain is way more interesting than the hero and more fun to watch

>Villain is way more interesting than the hero and more fun to watch

Why is this so common in Anime and Manga?

Attached: qhw67fruisr51.jpg (640x640, 68.99K)

The villain is usually where most of the effort goes into while the main character is a conduit for the audience to express whatever culturally acceptable morals they've been brought up with.
The villain IS the show.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (1200x800, 120.32K)

Make everyone believe that the villain is the hero and then change their point of view. works everytime.

>Depressed but good boy reads edgy shit like Gantz
>The psycopath reads mainstream safe shit like One Piece
Really gets the noggin jogging

This anime was so shit, yet pretty amusing somehow.

I liked the old man though

The entire point of the villain is to drive the plot forward. It is actually much easier to create an interesting villain than an interesting hero because their strength, is the strength of the story

The protag maybe the hero of the plot
But the villain would be the hero of entertainment

Attached: 69ac6d0f643b90faa2f7ef9374adf741.jpg (1024x711, 137.06K)

Are Zorobros really psychopaths?
Also, the creator confirmed that he didn't like One Piece in a tweet, kek.

If you are near a Zolotard, run away as far as possible.

It´s not just Anime and Manga, is entertainment in general.
I think the reason is that, for heroes, writers (or producers) feel like there is a limit on what you can and can´t do with them. The more fleshed out a character is, the more room there is for people to find something to dislike them, so you have to write them as barebones as possible for le wide appeal.
With villains this is not a problem, they are meant to be taken down so it doesn´t matter if the audience likes them, so you can go as crazy as you want on how to write them.

I want to rape

Men are just like that

Based anti One Piece chad

newfag here, which website do you use to make collage, user?

Luke Skywalker was so boring compared to the extremely iconic Darth Vader.
Eren also started boring and the titans were interesting; Eren only became interesting when he became the villain.

The ending was dumb and the film was actually far better in many ways.
Hiro was even better executed in the film. I would have loved it if they also cut al the exposition around Inuyasiki at the start about how much his family doesn't respect him. They cut out the exposition around Hiro and made his psychopathy reveal feel natural rather than revealing it through a series of unlikely events at only happen to let the audience know he's a psychopath.
They also cut the meteor trash.

Villains aren't really expected to do anything much other than "do bad", which has a far more diverse selection than "do good". It's also why people find anti-heroes far more interesting because they don't play by the script often.

Is Trump in it?

What is this from?

HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND

Attached: 3d4761301d8725c03a951f3c8793e8e2.gif (250x405, 496.01K)

honestly thought the old man had more potential