Evangelion

Evangelion ended three times, but a new version is already almost inevitable. What are your expectations? What do you want to see? Or you lost all hope after the last movie?

Attached: it will never end, anon.jpg (834x1200, 264.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/1643053813806.png/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hasn't Anno made it clear he doesn't wish to continue the story? I would be open to more if it came from him, but I don't want to see it get raped by a studio for money. Already happened to my other favorite animu.

Attached: asuka13.gif (500x325, 909.44K)

Ignore the WOAZ.

He also reaffirmed in the latest interview that will allow different authors to work with Eva. And his commitment to Rebuild was already minimal.

First for Reishin!

But on a more serious note, you guys think if Anno didn't become slightly depressed around the time of making of 3.0 (or whatever it was that led to the change, I forget), it would've been better than what 3.0 and 3.0+1.0 became? I mean 1.0 and 2.0 weren't anything to write home about but still

Attached: shinji&rei.jpg (930x1084, 90.78K)

Also report this retard for trying to start shit

Welp, that fucking sucks. Time to see Evangelion's corpse get raped by studios to make cash. Shame that Anno will further allow his magnus opus to be tarnished by corporate suits.

Attached: asuka12.gif (500x338, 557.03K)

NGE ended once, the rest are just movies

He wasn't depressed, he was bored. He chose to make Shin Godzilla instead of immediately working on the fourth Rebuild for that reason. 27 years had passed, person that created NGE is long gone.

Whether we enjoyed them or not, you can't really argue that the Rebuilds were direct sequels to the show.

Real Evangelion ending has never been made!

Attached: Evangelion_437.jpg (990x880, 557.14K)

Wow... even Tsurumaki seems more responsible than this man

>tarnished by corporate suits
Welcome to Japan. Their corporations care even less about artistic integrity than wester ones. Every little part of Eva was already merchandised to unbelievable extent. Why would they stop now?

Feels like a Western studio would have overthrown their founder for trying to take a decade vacation between installments of a series and finished without him. Maybe that's Disney-specific.

Not untrue, sadly. I recently bought an Evangelion artbook, which is just a compilation of licensed art from 2007-2017, and I was shocked how many different things things Eva art had been licensed for. Way more than you would expect for a Western show.

No.

Yes.

Rebuild simply cannot be a sequel to NGE. Their universes have different lore and function differently.

Okay, the branded eyedrops and fishing gear or the horseracing crosspromo are wild, but there's DC licensed chemotherapy.

> "From me (1) thread ago, to you (1) thread from now"

I dunno what to tell you. We've clearly both thought on this matter and have our own convictions on the topic. Sure, I could stand here and try to nitpick what you said, but then we'd be here all day, two nerds getting way too into it. You clearly saw what you did for a reason and that's fine. I saw what I did, and that's fine too.

The 14 years in the Anti-verse isn't a bad explanation or anything. But it's not for me, since I think time travel's a little too convenient. But I can see the logic in it so I won't write it off as wrong.

Seeing the movie the way I do makes me enjoy it very much, so I don't think I'll be changing that. That being said, I'm not gonna deny the things other people see.

But at the end of the day, I'm the filter for what I see and resonate with in the film. I can't use your eyes; I gotta use mine. There's even more stuff beyond what the two of us believe, and I don't think they're wrong either.

More weight? Less weight? There's gonna be as many interpretations as there are people watching the movie. I think the way they piece things together all have equal amounts of weight. Everyone found a truth that resonated with them, and I think that was the point.

Anyways, I think we should leave it off here. We've already come to our own conclusions. Others have come to theirs, and that's alright.

Attached: 1643053813806.png (700x501, 249.72K)

I have that book too. Nice art, but the majority of it really was for advertising other products, events and services.

Do you want an apology from that guy?

>the majority of it really was for advertising other products, events and services.
Yeah, that is what I found surprising. Western franchises don't tend to license their characters for so many random things like that.

Why are LASfags so mentally ill that they keep spamming the same images wherever they go?

desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/1643053813806.png/

Eva merchandise is wild to the extreme.

Attached: YyJyxLDdIv4.jpg (2048x2048, 1015.67K)

It's the /snk/tard

Who the fuck encouraged all this? It couldn't be Anno alone

Attached: 20210101_105705.png (532x308, 104.71K)

i need asuka lobster