Great Debate

which is better?

Attached: vs.png (1508x1126, 3.03M)

Zatch Bell is midling and forgettable.

I can't stand stories like FMA or KnY, where you have super serious and traumatic scenes, then 2 minutes later the characters are making comedic chibi faces. The tonal whiplash is the type of shit that any half-decent publisher in the west would reject, yet nips accept it because their standards are so low.

>fmakeks this desperate to force a "discussion" on their forgotten and dead series

Haven't read right so fma

Why so serious?

>FMA=reddit
>Gash=Any Forums
Zatch obviously

Gash Bell for me.

>The tonal whiplash
>implying zatch doesn't suffer from this issue.

What do you think when the series changes its tone mid-way? I remember reading Medaka Box and liking it for its SoL aspect, but then, out of nowhere, superpowered characters started springing and fighting Medaka and co. The series became psychology heavy all of a sudden, and after reading for another 20-30 chapters and also learning that Zenkichi becomes irrelevant, I gave up. But then, there are series are like Kamuy, which would spoil series moments with toilet humor, but I never felt tonal whiplash, instead I expected shit to go down. I also didn't feel like dropping Helck even though it changed tones, maybe because I was already expecting series to then dark considering how much people talked about it

FMA because right isn’t as common as FMA is

FMA. Zatch Bell is overrated here.

Haven't read Gashu but it's probably better than FMA
Fuck that boring piece of shit

Never read the others but that was the point of medaka box.

FMA's art is awful, but at least it's not as bad as Gash.

>but that was the point of medaka box
Just kino

Attached: wp3093460.jpg (1200x862, 115.6K)

why are you so obsessed with these garbage series

I don't like how it turned into generic shonen

I agree, it was a lot of fun

But I have been told that Medaka changed tone/genre to save itself from axe

>When MB first started out in early 2009, it was intended to be a Slice of life parody Manga where a girl who is perfect helps students. It went big after Eyeshield 21 (the football manga) ended. It almost got the Ax but was saved when Love-Ru ended and D-Grey man switched mags. Another manga Akaboshi was also saved because of this, (however then Akaboshi was cancelled and Medaka reigned supreme.) In late 2009 HxH came back into circulation and began beating it's way to the top easily, Medaka's 2nd volume was only selling 82k in 2 weeks, medaka was fighting with another manga (Ane-doki) for the spot, it was outselling medaka. But when Ane Doki's first volume was released WSJ made the call to just cancel it in favor of medaka, space was being made for HXH's return, and they could only keep one so goodbye Ane-Doki. Medaka volume one broke 100k copies by then, Medaka was going to be cancelled yet again when it was still in the bottom 5, WSJ decided to cancel other series instead, volume 3 sold 96k copies at least.

>However in order to save itself, Medaka decided to change into a stereotypical D-Grey man or Blue Exorcist type manga.

Where do you think we are?

>any half-decent publisher in the west would reject, yet nips accept it because their standards are so low.
You are a funny man

Gash handles 'death' better than majority of other shonen. With them simply departing back to demon land it allows the author to kill off plenty of good guy characters without brooding edge. It still has the same emotional impact as the human characters will never see their companion again. Pretty cool.
I like FMA as well for the strong side characters. Nothing overstayed its welcome and there were no random villain asspulls, pretty much everything was set up from the start. I just wish Scar went down with Wrath.

My problem with super serious stuff is that the author usually doesn't have enough knowledge to actually take it super seriously.
At first they did a bunch of stuff to try to flesh out the alchemy system, but by the end they are just wizards flinging spells at each other.

FMA is your typical shonen bullshit.
Zatch bell had characters with regular father and mothers, and the drama didn't come from some overconvoluted bullshit that didn't make sense, it came from genuine relationship between a father and a son, a boy and his dog, etc.