Do I need to know anything about ballet to enjoy Princess Tutu?

Do I need to know anything about ballet to enjoy Princess Tutu?

Attached: 81rgpMCQo8L._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 270.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7jV5M70L_Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=8Sb7gp98wAc
youtube.com/watch?v=dwOp4ManhXg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of course not, but you may as well at least learn the basics of such a common cultural thing.

You do need to know about classical music

How many people on Any Forums know anything about ballet? Tutu doesn’t really talk about the actual dance much anyway, the cat guy says ballet jargon but it’s never important to the story nor is there any real focus on ahiru actually progressing in her ballet studies.

If anything it will get you into ballet. Everyone calls it faggy but male ballet dancers are more fit than most professional athletes and seeing a proper ballet in person is a religious experience.

I just finished it this morning, and I can confidently say no. It did make me want to try out a ballet class though.

Because you want to look pretty and twirl around or because you want to feel up the girls?

Attached: illust_93661697_20220310_003345.jpg (1191x1684, 829.85K)

Read this then and watch videos of the dances that come up. Ballet is cool and classical ballet (not that faggy contemporary shit) is the very definition of grace and elegance.
youtube.com/watch?v=7jV5M70L_Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=8Sb7gp98wAc

Attached: 40261548.jpg (1152x1638, 516.15K)

learn about ducks and their anatomy ;)
ballet is less important

I didn’t say anything bad about ballet m8, the comment I replied was just talking about it as if it’s something everyone is experienced in. Ballet’s cool I guess but the effect is ruined when you remember their feet are messed up and 100% of female ballet dancers are complete bitches, female dancers in general really. Maybe there are some styles that attract nice people or it’s different in other countries but I swear every “dancer” I meet is a cunt.
I’ll stick to my fictional ballet, ahiru is exceedingly pleasant, probably because she’s actually a duck

>yet ANOTHER case of 2D is superior

Don't you alert the jannies now

I really dig anime like this. Cute art style that feels a bit childish but ends up being a great contrast to darker aspects of the series. And all of it feels like an original fairy tale.
I wish there were more series with elements like these. The pairings were also top tier.

Attached: 8e68.jpg (619x956, 194.07K)

well each story generally has some refreences and themes to a given ballet
the story overall has refrences to the nutcracker and swan lake. And of course like 70% of the songs are from ballet
there's ballet jargon mentioned. There's probably a lot of stuff that you just wouldnt even notice had to do with ballet unless you were actually versed in ballet, but im not so i wouldnt have noticed it.

the best song from the show isnt even in it
youtube.com/watch?v=dwOp4ManhXg
this is my favorite version I've heard
tucked away unused on princess tutu ost

Attached: illust_73375726_20220310_003411.jpg (1593x1500, 618.93K)

princess tutu is better written and directed than most of the gay mature shit people jerk off. the cutesy moe aesthetics are a great filter.

Cute looking series with colorful fantasy on the one hand and dark fantasy content on the other hand that might touch mental issues but without going all edgy is the best shit imo. It's sad it's so fucking rare.
You usually either get outright pandering moe in which nothing ever happens or edgy shit with no love for the characters and the world they are in. But I don't even need to get that far, fantasy alone is already almost non-existent these days.

let me introduce you guys to Brigadoon, if you like that kind of moe but it gets fucked thing

Attached: marin.jpg (1280x632, 284.04K)

Oh damn good that you remind me.
I have this on my to watch list for ages because of the style and how nice the robot looks but I always forgot to download it.

No you don't have to. It's super underrated and once you've watched it tell everyone and their dogs to consider watching it. Well, I liked it a lot, at least.

>seeing a proper ballet in person is a religious experience
>book tickets to The Nutcracker for me, my parents and brother for Christmas
>get cancelled because of kung flu
>plan to kill myself on New Years ruined because I wanted to see the at least one tchaikovsky before I did it

Attached: 1646433637772.jpg (1440x1636, 754.21K)

Yes. If you don't know ballet, don't fucking watch it.

I wish I could do so I could stop remember the past.