Code Geass Re;surrection

So I got around to watch this movie the other day. I heard reception was mixed, but I figured it couldn't be that bad, right?

What was this fucking garbage? First off, it has the typical "new threat that was never mentioned in the series, but the movie tries its hardest to tell you how awesome they were" stuff. Which might not be the worst, but no matter how much the movie tries to tell you how strong they are, it barely even actually does so. Kallen's fight with the big scorpion mecha was probably the worst, making her struggle only "just because" while you just sit there and wonder why she is having so much trouble. The big armors they wore were the most pointless thing too, doing one big attack before time got rewound, and then just serve as excuse for why Kallen and Suzaku are jobbing to these losers. I just could not take the opponent's seriously.

Then we get to the plot. Nunnally gets kidnapped because the villain needs her to make her machine work. But why does that work? And what is she even trying to do? Make her time travel power stronger to change the world? But how does that even work? Its painfully obvious that Nunnally is only captured to give Lelouch a reason to do anything, but the movie doesn't even try to justify the excuse, trying to be vague and hope you don't notice.

(Cont)

Attached: key_02.jpg (600x851, 283.97K)

And then we get to the characters. Lets just dive right in to the big part, and they completely dropped the ball on Lelouch. He has no real character in the movie once they fix him. He doesn't have the same spark to him that he had in the series. In scenes before the battle, he shows no real personality, even when interacting with Suzaku, pretty much just brushing him off. You have all these characters who were close to him and the only ones he really shares scenes with are C.C., Suzaku and Ohgi, and two of these characters he just doesn't have any real personality. Again, the movie tries to paper over it with him focusing on planning and hope you don't notice it, but its made worse by the fact that they just randomly decide to have a party. Narratively, the reason for the party is for character interaction, but for the one that matters, it just doesn't even try.
And then we get to how it botches everyone else. Suzaku gets justifiably angry at him, but gets over it immediately. Cornelia has justifiable apprehension with dealing with him for what he did to Euphia and Darlton, but then gets over it completely. Ohgi just offers to kill himself because fans hate him. And so on and so forth. And everyone, from Suzaku and Kallen, to Cornelia, and even Lelouch, to everyone else, just becomes a mess at the first sign of trouble, just to set up a terrible and sappy scene for C.C. to tearfully beg Lelouch not to give up, even though setbacks worse than this in the show never made him almost give up like this. And everyone is just useless, including ace pilots and leaders like the other mentioned 3, if Lelouch doesn't hold their hands.

And so on. I'm watching this movie, looking for anything redeeming, on what could possibly be a positive. Seriously, why is it that people defend this utter garbage? Do they just like the ending that much?

>new threat that was never mentioned

Attached: Round jobbers.jpg (500x237, 39.43K)

Anya is cute and not a jobber

Literally just C.C fags, because they got their ship.

Attached: 1586010073195.jpg (700x990, 139.8K)

They were mentioned in the Jeremiah PD set before Suzaku's execution, he said he wanted to be Knight of One

Besides, Britannia was already a big threat, controlling a 3rd of the whole world, they aren't going to have all of their military in a backwater country like Japan.

Attached: images-24.jpg (739x415, 39.98K)

It gets better once you realize that it's nothing but a cashgrab movie made for butthurt shipfaggots who never got over Lelouch not picking a girl before he decided to commit assisted suicide: because then you can just ignore that shit like the garbage AU it is.

Are you actually mentally ill?

What are you on about? The Chinese Federation was mentioned various times throughout season 1, including an entire episode of them them attack Japan by backing a member of the former Japanese government. Xingke even has a cameo during the last couple of episodes

Please tell me you're only pretending to be retarded

Attached: Rollin.jpg (740x415, 17.81K)

It's truly amazing how assraped Kallenfags are a whole decade later

>Do they just like the ending that much?
Yes, which in their ill minds overrides everything you just mentioned. Such is the power of the mentally disturbed.

You are trying way too hard to pretend to not understand what the difference between all your points and a tiny country that has never been mentioned before but is actually the strongest country in the world that not even Britannia can beat.

Just because shipfaggotry rules your life doesn't mean everyone else is as insane as you are.

Attached: Mao.jpg (739x415, 23.41K)

Kallen is Lelouch's Knight now that he is becoming Emperor

Attached: Lelouch's Knight.jpg (1920x2408, 659.7K)

Are you just upset that people hate the movie?

>Code Geass
>garbage
What a surprise.

It sounds like the literal only good part was C.C. winning.

i liked it.

Attached: Schneizel.jpg (250x250, 12.62K)

But he was mentioned in episode 3, speedy watcher-san

Attached: _v__v_.jpg (701x438, 33.05K)

Attached: E7118505-76C0-4180-8962-7087E9BDC641.jpg (640x440, 51.23K)

>trust me dude i'm totally not a shipnigger myself
Honestly you're better of schizoposting if you're still upset instead of larping

Yes, this too was a new threat that was never mentioned before

Attached: Clovis08.jpg (864x480, 39.96K)