The most hilarious part of this reveal is that it means Luffy is NOT free. He's a slave of destiny. In fact...

The most hilarious part of this reveal is that it means Luffy is NOT free. He's a slave of destiny. In fact, he may as well be the LEAST free person in the OP world. Was this irony intentional by Oda?

Attached: file.png (500x575, 448.98K)

You're a slave to have this shit series live in your head rent free.

Luffy will overcome his destiny and you two will get BTFO.

>He's a slave of destiny
peanut brain
Destiny isn't an invisible force that predetermines how you will end up
It's a calling or purpose of what you want to do most in life, and maybe THAT'S predetermined, but it's up to you, or in this case Luffy, to realize their destiny.

>can't choose your own calling
So not free. Got it.

Luffy when destiny forces him to fulfill his "dream"

captcha ate my pic

Attached: dRKRdjsytfI8RbSEs7mGkTa2QM-TDxiFGnZqwqlyLlc.png (407x652, 247.76K)

>His destiny

He's the one who ate the damn fruit.

>Craig from South Park

Luffy will rule the world with iron fist like Imu
fuck the destiny

well you didn't choose to be born either. does that mean you have no agency to think for yourself and fall under simplistic black and white terms of free will and destiny?
the school of thought you subscribe to determines whether or not you will live to your potential

Luffy's already the king of the pirates by his own definition. His ultimate goal is One Piece, but that's only to give his life direction and a sense of adventure. Name a character as free as Luffy. Blackbeard isn't free, he's a coward who needs to prepare and seize power. Luffy punched a celestial dragon and decalred war on the world government and is comparably weaker to the entire world. He's physically weak but accepts death as we saw in Lougetown and doesn't compromise on literally anything.
Luffy is not bound by anything but his own will. And by practicing that will he was able to threaten the powers of his world.

just use Any Forums X

>well you didn't choose to be born either
Retard. The past doesn't define freedom. NO ONE can change the past. Freedom is defined by your control of the future, not the past. If destiny has a predetermined future for you, then you are not free.

Yes. This is entirely intentional. You're a stupid person to think otherwise, but that's not the point. He's going to bunk his destiny responsibilities. The villain in direct contrast of him is one obsessed with fate and destiny. His entire crew is. Again, you're an illiterate moron if you haven't picked up on this.

>Was this irony intentional by Oda?
Pretty sure it is. Now it's a matter of time, will Luffy reject his destiny or go along with it? If I go by common shonen tropes he will go along with it which fucking sucks and I will hate One Piece forever. If he rejects it it could become a really interesting deconstruction of the trope, depending on how Oda writes it.

Reminder that Joy Boy failed, and that is why the WG reinged supreme for almost a milenia, if Luffy is destined to ONLY be Joy Boy he WILL FAIL

Oh for fuck's sake, son of Dragon, grandson of Garp, brother to Roger's son. He was destined for greatness no matter what.

There is a massive difference to be destined for some sort of greatness of your own choosing, than to be fated for a specific destiny.

Didn't think about that. That could be interesting.

I can't believe it, I'm at the bargaining phase of grief

>There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams. Before they hung him from the gallows, these were the final words he said:

>"My fortune is yours for the taking, but ONLY IF YOU WEAR THE STRAW HAT OF LEGEND, IF YOU ARE THE REINCARNATION OF IMMORTAL SUN GOD NIKA AND ATE THE RUBBER FRUIT. I left everything I own in One Piece FOR THIS SPECIFIC PERSON."

>Ever since, pirates from all over the world set sail for the Grand Line, searching for One Piece, the treasure that would make their dreams come true, BUT ONLY ONE OF THEM WAS DESTINED TO FIND IT SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING.

Attached: 7867548545485454.jpg (1280x719, 235.72K)

Kek please not like this. If luffy's fruit is some special chosen one shite i think im just gonna drop this manga. It has been nothing but trash since the timeskip and the only ardent fans left are powerlevel geeks who want to argue if Garp is top 30 or not

I'm a 100% sure that Luffy is going to turn down all the responsability that comes from being Joyboy, it wouldn't be out of character just remember what happened in Dressrosa when he turned down a huge fleet

All garp needs is an old magic hat. Or better yet an old magic glove

then what is freedom?

It's only a word used to mean the opposite of imprisonment, and has become synonymous with "free will" to reject a modern take of fate.
To be free from all forms of government and power structures/hierarchies is one thing. But take that away and go on a deeper level of an individual. You can't control your bodily functions, not everything is in your control, but you still have inclinations of what you want to do and your own belief systems depending on how you were raised and exposed to.
Ultimately everyone develops a sense of responsibility which is determined by outside factors. But what you do with your life, to find its purpose is the free will or freedom you can choose to exercise or not.

Freedom can mean many things and needs a modifier. Freedom from slavery, freedom from parents. Your definition of freedom is very basic: "Freedom is defined by your control of the future". You can only affect the present, you can NEVER control the future.

tl;dr destiny is an inclination or calling/responsibility molded by outside experiences. To Luffy freedom means not being bound by rules or power structures.