Unpopular opinions thread

What are your unpopular anime or manga opinions?

Attached: 7sf9d3ai1iuz.jpg (710x423, 121.58K)

I don't think there's been a modern isekai that's any better than SAO. That includes stuff like Log Horizon and Overlord

One Piece is trash

Fairy Tail is better than One Piece

>unpopular

Bleach, Naruto and OP are good. HxH is dogshit.

Dragon Ball is actually good.

You know, this used to be a common sentiment or at least I felt like it was a common sentiment until quite recently. Which is weird because SAO only kept getting better with each Season whereas isekai anime has stayed the same.

Have you seen the defence force?

trashy pulp fiction like what gets published in jump magazibes is too dumb to be worthy of criticism and should be treated with a "don't like, don't read" policy. Only stuff thats actually trying to be more than mere entertainment is worthy of criticism.
not that Any Forums knows the first thing about critical theory to try and apply it in the first place

I enjoy Lynn Okamoto's works.

I only really liked Elfen Lied and Kimi wa Midara

SAO isn't isekai but I believe that there's not a single modern isekai that's any better than SAO.
>Log Horizon
It's only just as good as each other. The series disregards story structure for world building and character interactions that suggest there is some sort of end goal to reach but it is never focused on and thus the plot seems disjointed. This is also a problem with the author's other work Maoyuu and the author never seems to learn. Its strength lies in its characters which gets a fair bit of development and the somewhat consistent theme of co-operation.
>Overlord
Same problems as above but a bigger problem lies in the inconsistency of the main character. It's even more frustrating that Log Horizon because you are constantly introduced to fodder characters with proper backstories that you couldn't give two shits about and this is somewhat used to try to emphasise that MC is not a good person. It has Log Horizon's problem of waffling about but also the large recurring cast of characters from Nazarick never deems to develop on their own and remain extremely static.
>Re Zero
Arguably the only modern isekai to date that manages to juggle story structure and character development quite well. The main character is the highlight since he has large flaws that the story highlights and tries to overcome them, he's a prime example of the anti-self insert done well. However, it suffers from the sometimes lack of emphasis on their world but this gets patched easily later on.

SAO in contrast has a very consistent overarching narrative and a good exploration on every virtual world they go to despite the relatively small number of volumes/episodes that takes place in them. The biggest flaw in the series are the lack of development for the recurring side character which gets patched later in in the series.

I'm a sucker for EL and Brynhildr since they are pretty much the same story, and I love it.

Watching anime isn't as fun as talking shit about it

The 00s are the worst decade of anime, and the 2010s have overall been an improvement.

Many light novels are actually written as screenplays, but that's not a conversation you're ready to have.

There is a market for cute boys in roles that are often filled by cute girls like Yotsuba, Senko, or Usagi Drop and I'm sick of pretending there isn't.

Attached: guishen_0072ev018a2.jpg (1280x720, 260.45K)

>Many light novels are actually written as screenplays
They are! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this way. I've been thinking about it ever since I started to read Toaru and comparing them to regular japanese novels I've read like Snow Country and If Cats Disappeared from the world.

there really isn't, you absolute massive faggot.

Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu completely dropped the ball when white day didn't end with a confession.

>Lynn
That's a weird name for a jap

This.

Most (read again) anime is made for children and young teens and pretending it's not and is just childish and contrarian. It's ok to like something kids like lol.