One piece Luffy the chosen one. shonen trope

Why does every shonen go this route?
Is demon slayer / kimetsu no yaiba the only one where the MC is weak and doesn't have 1 hit OP move or 1000 op ancestors making him op?

Attached: 1637790412066.jpg (749x815, 69.51K)

O MY CHOSEN ONE, O MY DEVIL FRUITS, O MY KEKFFY

Kys they’re both shit

>1000 op ancestors making him op?
yeah just ignore Tanjiros half dead father teaching him every broken martial art when he was like 7 years old

both better then your moeshit manga retard

teaching =/= real thing. tanjiro couldn't kill anyone alone not even muzan and was still weaker then gyomei

OH MY SUN BREATHING

O MY SHIFTING ORGANS

>Eldest son
>Family tradition that past down from father to the eldest son
>He saw his dad performed it every years
>His dad only died recently before the story started

Luffy being special isnt new

>Luffy being special isnt new
it is, him being the joyboy is new.

Attached: 1644884388168.png (1065x700, 957.71K)

>not OP because he didn't solo Muzan
he's been a demon slayer for maybe 2 years and has: mastered sun breathing, the original breathing technique so hard Yoruiichi had to teach others derivatives of his style that they could actually do and achieved the see through world a martial art Akaza couldn't achieve for over 100 years of training. Tanjiro gets it because he was reminded about how his dad killed a bear one time. He's an insane prodigy of their generation.

It’s not faggot

>he's been a demon slayer for maybe 2 years and has: mastered sun breathing, the original breathing technique so hard Yoruiichi had to teach others derivatives of his style that they could actually do and achieved the see through world a martial art Akaza couldn't achieve for over 100 years of training. Tanjiro gets it because he was reminded about how his dad killed a bear one time. He's an insane prodigy of their generation.
you're talking about him being a prodigy is different then the chosen one MC

Tanjiro soloing UM/final villian is a prerequisite to it. He never could do shit alone and never had an OP move like other shonen do. Like naruto with his infinite powerups and reincarnation or Eren with founder titan.

Then why a lot of OP fans are talking about it?

>Is demon slayer / kimetsu no yaiba the only one where the MC is weak and doesn't have 1 hit OP move or 1000 op ancestors making him op?
O MY DANCING DAD

>weak
>no 1 hit OP move
>no 1000 op ancestors making him OP

Attached: gaydao.png (313x393, 137.57K)

He wasn't OP because he wasn't all that impressive all things considered. Yeah he had sun breathing, but he only had that because his ancestor was nice to the super autist and that one had a myriad of issues that lead to him thinking the best way to preserve his shit was to teach it to a bunch of randos. Not to mention that sun breathing in and of itself was a huge crutch that made him punch above his weight and he's not even all that special in the regard of being able to use sun breathing - anyone with a black blade could, and black blades were far from unheard of, even outside of the dozens of sun breathing users Muzan killed after Yoriichi died.
The "two years" thing (probably actually closer to three to four years) is also not impressive when you consider that all the pillars save for Gyomei are like, 3 years his senior max and haven't been demon slayers for long either. Especially Tokitou, who became a pillar in two months after first starting to fight. Tanjirou needed two years of prep just to get to the point where he could complete the final selection.
He's talented, but not extraordinarily so, and is in fact outshone by a lot of his contemporaries.
Fuck, you could make a point for fucking Zenitsu being more impressive than him.

O MY SECRET FAMILY SUN BREATH STYLE

Tanjiro just happened to be from the family sun breathing was passed down lmao

It's a lot of tourists and shonen shit flingers as usual

>mastered sun breathing, the original breathing technique so hard Yoruiichi had to teach others derivatives of his style that they could actually do
user, sun breathing wasn't anything special, what yoriichi did was invent and teach people different breathings that fit them better, but he still teached BotS for those willing to learn, and the only reason there was no BotS users in the current generation was because muzan got so traumatized he and koku hunted down every single BotS user, with the tanjiro family being left off the hook because they passed it down as a traditional family dance instead of becoming slayers

Attached: imagem_2022-03-09_044718.png (844x286, 190.51K)