How did you first get into Any Forumsnime, user?

How did you first get into Any Forumsnime, user?

Attached: 53.png (300x100, 27.44K)

Naruto on adult swim

I watched Evangelion with my older brother when I was far too young

Watched it on TV in Japan when I lived there as a (very young) kid.

I'm Italian.

At least it could only get better from there

FoxKids / Jetix

Sailor Moon and Pokemon after school in the 6th grade.

Bubblegum Crisis, Urusei Yatsura, Dirty Pair Flash and Neon Genisis Evangelion on my local PBS channel on Sunday nights in 7th grade.

I want to go back...

NGE was on PBS? that's kinda lol

animax

i remember watching speed racer as a very very young kid and desperately wanting to be just as cool as he was. I named my bike after his car.
Looking back on my childhood though we only had like 4 or 5 super mainstream tv channels, so I don't know WHERE in the fuck I would have seen speed racer aired. It's possible that I was given one of those VHS tapes people used to make that was just 4-5 episodes of some show sloppily cut together with the record button on their VHS box. I got a bunch of chicken scratch labelled Looney Tunes tapes to this day but no trace of any speed racer dub. I didn't really think about anime as being more than just cartoons until I came back around to it in my teens when I got internet and could look into the world of weird and raunchy anime.

Noticed as a preteen that there's something different about animation that comes from Japan, when I learned where some shows I watched as a kid came from.
Interest was relatively short lived, because I felt like I had to distance myself from the embarrassing crowd that was outwardly into it, and I was too retarded to understand that you can hide your power level.
I also went through a brief teenager phase of thinking I'm too mature for this. To be fair, I also had a lot of other interests at the time.
"Returned" as a 20-year-old properly immersing myself

First memory(not of anime but my whole life) I have is of watching the yugioh dice monsters episode, but the first anime that I watched knowing it was anime was probably death note

The PBS station in the SF Bay Area(KTEH) did yeah. In addition to the ones I already mentioned they also played Please Save My Earth(that shit made me cry as a kid) and Serial Expiraments Lain.

Nowadays I felt spoiled that I was exposed to those anime so early.

I saw images of fate characters and just decided to try it because I was bored.

When I was younger I watched pokemon and yugioh but I had no idea it was anime.

Toonami.

Could be anything, everybody got those broadcast rights. I only remember where I saw it because Cartoon Network used to run it as like 2 hour blocks.

based stories up in here

for me ghibli and pokémon as a kid, basic stuff really

>Please Save My Earth
Never heard of it, what's that about?

Going purely by memory it was about a group of people who lived on the moon and died and were reincarnated on Earth and they were reunited as Japanese high schoolers and their memories slowly returned to them and drama ensued.

Though now that my memory is being jogged I also remember watching Speed Racer on Cartoon Network at like 2am during Summer vacation as a kid and I also remember Sci-Fi channel playing the Fatal Fury movie and Galaxy Express 999

Again. Shit was different back in the day

dragon ball and ranma 1/2

Moomins when I was a kid. Best children's show.
Ghibli stuff when I was a bit older, and eventually stuff like Ghost in the Shell, Evangellion, Serial Experiment Lain etc type of stuff I picked up from /tg/ during my teens.

Attached: muumi kevät.gif (760x410, 159.5K)

Watched digmon/yugioh as a lad not knowing they came from Japan. Then I started watching toonami on a daily basis and Adult Swim at night. I was pretty hooked by then, I rented a ton of stuff from blockbuster, which is how I found Berserk. I feel like I was pretty hooked by the time I was about 16 or so. I even remember that I stopped torrenting FMA to watch it on adult swim like a good little boy.

Attached: 1568497059533.gif (360x270, 1.16M)

Oh we also got Galaxy Express 999 here.