I’ve been reading this manga for 16 years now...

I’ve been reading this manga for 16 years now. When I discovered Japan had comics I looked for one about pirates because I always liked pirate movies and books. Ever since I followed One Piece religiously. In that span of time, I finished highschool, graduated, moved to my apartment, got a job, got my dog and then changed jobs. One Piece has been unironically part of my life. And all this time I invested in this story which I defended in a forum about Vietnamese fishermen. Only to see it repeat the same mistakes from other works and ruin it’s reputation in such a short amount of time. I can only laugh.

Attached: 1637781720792.png (508x628, 253.88K)

Eichiro Oda is a hack...I cant believe this....

Attached: [SubsPlease] One Piece - 978 (1080p) [1CB65475].mkv_snapshot_11.50_[2021.06.12_22.32.03].png (1920x1080, 1M)

>in such a short amount of time.
lol

Not your fucking blog

Also nice try, Hunterkek

>in such a short amount of time
one piece has been shit for well over ten years now

OP is a not HxH fan.

I don't read One Piece. What happened? Best I've been able to glean is that it turns out Luffy is some sort of chosen one?

Let me guess, now you are waiting for Hanta to resume in two weeks time, right? lol

Luffy used to be the underdog who through hard work, lots of training and smart exploitation of elemental weaknesses beat his enemies.
Now it turns out he's
>The Chosen One
>Heir to the Will of D (whatever that is)
>Son of the most wanted criminal in the world
>Grandson of the legendary marine war hero
>Wielder of Conqueror's Haki that only 1 in a million people have
>User of a super special devil fruit that the government feared so much they had its name changed to hide its true power
All that underdog narrative and lessons about hard work were thrown out the window in favor of O MY REINCARNATION OF AN ANCIENT SUN GOD O MY INFALLIBLE PROPHECIES

O MY CHOSEN ONE, O MY KEKFFY

Which part of that is the new thing people are complaining about though? The last one? Are they ass pulling that it's not just rubber powers?

Yeah. Instead of rubber it's something else. The author is retconning 1042 chapters of manga for the sake of O MY CHOSEN ONE WITH THE POWER TO DEFEAT GOD

>Heir to the Will of D (whatever that is)
>>Son of the most wanted criminal in the world
>>Grandson of the legendary marine war hero
>>Wielder of Conqueror's Haki that only 1 in a million people hav
All this has been known for over a decade, rest has been hinted at heavily. Any Forums trying to force a shitstorm

But the underdog narrative

this basically, there is no controversy

OP has always been a heavily flawed manga, but enjoyable for portions

he's always been the chosen one, don't listen to the shitposters

actual readers are finally getting well over a decades worth of payoff finally

Nah, One Piece might be shit, but it's still OUR shitty manga.

>personally chosen by Shanks, one of the Yonko
>has Gold Rodger's hat
>grandfather was the strongest marine
>father is the leader of the Revolutionaries
>has the mythical "Will of D."'

this is stuff we've known for over a decade.

>defeated the lord of the coast
Can't forget his biggest accomplishment.

i havent read OP in a few years but wtf do u guys expect? this shits been going on for well over 2 decades. if you didnt expect the quality to drop at some point then ure a complete retard, simple as.

>I can only laugh.
And THAT was the real treasure all along...

Chapter 100 was when this started. He was almost executed on the same platform as roger and was saved by dragon or whatever. And everyone was like "wtf are the chances of lightning kek and he wants to be the pirate king? lmaooo"

Chapter 140 is when kureha said "His name isn't Gold Roger... its Gol D Roger".

So we were being set up for this a looooong time ago.

No but devil fruit power up bad

Before chapter 100 actually...

Attached: Fate.png (678x656, 588.14K)

How hard is it not to pull the chosen one bullshit?