Is there an anime that can be taken seriously?

So here's the deal: every night, I come home from work to my GF, and we watch her anime and shit. However, last night, she admitted she could tell how little I was into her taiwanese motion-picture drawings. My problem is this: every anime feels like it's for children. I, however, am not a fucking child. I'm tired of bad jokes, try-hard style-over-substance, an over-reliances on genre conventions, and cliches. I get that anime will be anime. But it feels too artificial to me now. Wh the fuck can't an anime just be? Is there an anime where the acting is on-par with Breaking fuckin' Bad's cast? Or where they don't have to go to fucking high school? Where characters actually act, talk, and sound like people, be they Japanese, dick-girls, or whatever? I'm dying here. Can anime be serious? Original? I fucking BEG you to prove me wrong. I'm tired of hearing a human-mouse woman squeal OH-KNEE-CHAN in my apartment and feeling judged by my poor old-people neighbors.

Attached: TSUJ.jpg (318x318, 8.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ck0su859Ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice recommendation thread go ask /wsr/ for that

>every night, I come home from work to my GF

Attached: nicolas-cage-laugh.gif (220x140, 361.99K)

Attached: 1330303705470.png (300x300, 8.02K)

I'm asking about anime as a form. Why is it so try-hard? When can it just "be"? I don't want recommendations, I want examples. I want proof.

We're all gonna make it, bruh. I'm tellin you.

>we watch her anime and shit
Always in that order or do you switch it around?

pic rel exists OP

btw, anime as a whole is kinda shitty, you gotta dig deep to get good stuff, so if your GF isnt into serious weird looking anime like Monster or Ghost in the Shell i think you should get used to cute loli butts

Attached: 64b973a33f12816573828d714b0c96418b8a8359_00.jpg (333x500, 50.27K)

You've just entered the ghetto talking shit about hip hop gfl lmao

>posts a tropey cliche anime

>over-reliances on genre conventions, and cliches
how are you even aware of this if you don't care for anime and watch much of it

You'd probably like Cowboy Bebop. It's fairly popular with normal people. If you want something more recent... maybe Oddtaxi.

You might find 1 or 2 decent animes out of ten thousand productions. Anime as a whole is complete garbage and catered towards the worlds biggest losers.

is that way, incels. And before you call me a normie, rest assured I'm an autistic alcoholic otaku train wreck of a 30-something human being who's irked by normie bitches just as much as you are.
I'll bite. Start with Ghibli, Gainax, and Tezuka. Now get lost and read Wikipedia or something.

>We're all gonna make it, bruh. I'm tellin you.
wha? no im mocking OP for adding that in, how can i not burst out laughing?

Attached: ray liotta.gif (201x200, 494.42K)

>Or where they don't have to go to fucking high school?
Maybe don't watch shit that has teenagers as the target demographic.

Nobody cares that you have a girlfriend or that you're "too cool to like anime." You're not some special fucking snowflake or some ultra cool badass. Go back, you're not wanted here

boku no pico

I don't see how the second one post you quoted is incel-related. They could be telling others to not respond to a bait or request thread.

>redditbob
Fuck off and assuming all you mentioned about anime, you don't know shit about it, even the entry-tier anime can prove you wrong.

Check out K-On if you want something more mature. It's a very down to earth look at the lives of three struggling musicians and their band. I think even the most cynical viewer could say its acting is about as good as any serious american TV drama.

Go get your T tested lol. You sound like a fucking woman the way you type

Verification not required.

Hey, pre-movie Spongebob ain't bad at all

Lmao

here you go
if you want interesting anime for older audience maybe you should lurk Any Forums instead Any Forums is full of loliand waifufags whose brains got fried

Nah redditbob was almost always shit. Even when I was like 7 I can still remember watching it and not laughing because most of the humor was just "Spongebob and Patrick make a bunch of loud annoying noises and act really, really stupid for the whole episode." There were a few funny moments, and the pilot was actually really good, but spongebob has always been "loud and stupid=hilarious" the show

maybe you should look into-ffs this thread is too baity I'm not giving you any recs it's not even on the recs board. baka (shaking my head) at this

There are very few shows with a cast like breaking bad in general. Maybe a handful of shows in the entire entertainment industry.
Most media made and consumed by people in general is intellectual junkfood; you turn your brain off and the tv on. Think too hard and it all comes crumbling down. In that sense, anime is no different from anything else.

>it's all schlock
LOL

Nah s1-3 spongebob were pretty good. youtube.com/watch?v=1Ck0su859Ps
The fact that you keep calling it redditbob despite the fact it came out before reddit was a thing makes it look more like a newfag

let me guess, not enough lolishit for you pedo nigger taste?

*makes you