ITT: Hard-working MCs

Attached: a44b24ae369c4195bc4fb2fe72865d43.jpg (1280x986, 111.27K)

Attached: 34DCE915-A916-41B3-A3DA-2FB234132BA8.jpg (1080x1043, 549.65K)

still not reading your garbage

Why exactly does Japan keep doing this? Why do they keep making stories about "hard working" MCs, only to later reveal they're chosen ones/destined to win, thus nullifying the MC's effort? It'd be fine if the stories were meant to be commentary, but even after these big reveals, they continue to push the moral of "hard work trumps talent" by having the MCs beat opponents who are "talented"... except the only reason the MC is able to beat them is because they're even MORE talented (i.e. using a power that only someone from his bloodline can use to beat the supposedly talented villain).

I've seen people cope by saying "well, even if they're born special, they still trained hard." Except these exact same stories literally feature characters who train even harder than the MC, only to fail because they don't have a special bloodline/reincarnation of Jesus/prophesized to save the world. Probably the most blatant example of this is Rock Lee. There is no denying he trains harder than any other character, but in the end Naruto still has him beat because of his special lineage.

it's an element of realism they choose to include. Fact is to be really special in anything you need some type of inherent edge whether it's a natural aptitude, physical ability, or whatever

Attached: 1638509359585.png (715x1100, 166.95K)

this doesnt apply to either of the posted characters.

Why don't you try putting effort into something everyday irl and failing over and over again until you're successful then you'll understand. The only people who can't grasp why hard work is good are the people who don't work hard

the one i'm writing for the manga in my head

I tried so hard, and got so far

Attached: 1643659062004.gif (500x281, 926.56K)

Pretty obvious OP made the thread in response to the One Piece leak. My post in turn is also a response to it, though more about Japanese writing in general.

That unironically doesn't answer my question. If what you said is true, then there'd be no reason for all these stories to reveal the MC to be "destined to be perfect" at whatever it is they're doing.

>be japanese
>have no word for deafeat
>do quite litterally everything humanly possible to win WW2
>white boy is born better than you so you loose

They are actually being realistic. It's kind of a problem with shonen since the MC always has to be some juggernaut powerhouse that beats up prodigies.

How do you beat people who ARE talanted and special when you aren't? Hard work? Those guys can train just as hard....gotta have some edge to be the best. It's a simple fact.

If you try something new and end up being good at it is a very common thing people experience when they start new hobbies

His belt look like pube in thumbnail version

Attached: 91BA6FC8-E430-4AAA-9DD5-42637198B373.jpg (764x764, 84.28K)

>dude Asta just worked SO hard
>literally has a demon inside him that gives him all his powers

I don't care if you disagree with me, you're wrong. If you want to do this character he can't have special snowflake powers like this. Naruto would've been fine if he didn't have a fucking demon fox giving him superpowers no one else had, he should've been a normal ninja fighting the people with demon powers.

OK I think you're misconstruing having a natural aptitude with being literally prophesized from before you were born.

naruto without his demon battery is literally the most incompetent person in the whole series and dies on the first real mission. You fundamentally have to create a different character

Attached: 0115-015.jpg (1067x1600, 335.41K)

That's my point, and Asta is the exact same way. These shows betray their themes on a fundamental level.

I put those in the same category because the end result is always the same and you can't be a prophet for something without having an aptitude for that same activity.

B A S E D

Attached: wholesome boy.png (462x542, 171.82K)

I mean the devil inside of Asta is still a junk nobody who levels up due to sheer autistic revenge/rage.

I mean just look at Yuno to see how the world is unfair and yet his ass gets saved by Asta all the time.

The world fundamentally goes in Yuno's favor yet everyone ends up liking Asta instead, including Yuno.

special snowflake