How was he able to deduce that meruem wanted to know his name?

how was he able to deduce that meruem wanted to know his name?

Attached: 233635.jpg (225x350, 20.05K)

O MY INTUITION

Basic intuition

what else should he have done. offer him money?

Wasn't because he saw Mereum on the fence of being human or Ant that he just intuitively that he human side of him wanted to know his name? Its been a while.

Because he was told his name, he knew that meruem didn't know his own name. Of course he would be interested in that.

This, it was just a lucky coincidence
that he was obsessed over it too.

He just know

You’re surprised that 60+ year old combat / spiritual / psychology expert was able to get in his opponent’s head and figure out what he wanted?
He didn’t have many cards to play with in the first place, might as well throw some ideas out there and see what sticks.

Attached: 719500DC-30CF-4CAC-928A-5F26DCAB2DA7.jpg (1125x845, 697.26K)

Togashi told him.

Smart.

Netero is 120+, not 60+

I started watching this a while ago and I'm having a really hard time caring about Greed Island, especially since the arc just before that was so fucking good.
Greed Island gets better eventually, right?

Yes. HxH peaks with a dodgeball match

Latter half of Greed Island and yorkshin is where HxH peaked for me personally. There's just too much narration in Chimera Ant for me to really like it, and I got annoyed that the supposed-to-be best fight in the series was a slideshow and the narrator as a third character

Interesting how the best part of that arc completely does away with the card autism.

Greed island won't be as good because it has shitty cliche villains. It's specially bad after meeting the Phantom Troupe. It just has one good fight in it. But the next arc is the best one in the series narratively and has the most iconic moments in the series even though it starts slow. Chimera ant is not as much of a thrill as Yorkshire but all the set up ends up paying off even though it takes a while

Cool, thanks for the input.
Last episodes I've watched were not nearly bad enough to even consider dropping it but it's good to know it does get better.

Not a coincidence at all. First thing human beings want is the aproval of mom and dad (Meruem is part human). Without a mom and a dad, Meruem's identity crisis was obvious to happen, at least to Netero to figure it out. Meruem's name was the only conectiom between him and his mother.

As much as the 2011 HxH anime is a target of shitposting, it is genuinely a good shounen. It is not the best, and it has some very heavyhanded plot spoonfeeding at times, but it's a good story done competently(at least, up till Killua's storyline in the election arc)

Greed Island... and HxH in general... is better in manga... but specially Greed Island. There is a lot of hints in the cards information, information that is impossible to obtain organically in the anime (I mean, you can pause the episodes and read the cards information, but that's not fun). The only part where anime surprases manga in Greed Island is the dodgeball match.

O MY TEN THOUSAND PUNCHES