Watched this for the second time since seeing it in theaters as a child and holy fuck did it bore me to tears and left...

watched this for the second time since seeing it in theaters as a child and holy fuck did it bore me to tears and left me underwhelmed
why is this crap considered one of the greatest films in general ever made? the sequence of events are all over the place and then it just ends. the digital effects suck too and are dated.

Attached: spirited away.jpg (1956x2900, 1.01M)

who cares. tell it your therapist

Is Chihiro cute?

>one of the greatest films in general
Woah slow down man, it's good but it's not THAT good. Nausica is better, and for that matter Ronja the Robber's Daughter is a better story even if the animation is weak. In fact I would argue that Ronja the Robber's /Daughter is the best story that Ghibli has been associated with.

I see it very highly rated not just on anime sites but sites for films.
>Letterboxd: #10
>RateYourMusic: #14
>TSPDT Top 1000 Films: #172
it boggles my mind. is it just because this was the film that put miyazaki on the map in the west and won him awards? it's so middling to me.

>Retarded zoomer has no attention span, can’t follow a simple story, criticizes animation techniques for looking “old” when it was new as it debuted.

I don’t even like the movie and I think you’re a faggot. This isn’t your blog retard, KYS.

Are you mauritanian by chance?

Cope.

It got a lot of money and hype beforehand which is what a film needs to succeed. Princess Mononoke was the movie that broke Ghibli into the American market and people were expecting a follow up to be as good as that. Spirited Away checked enough boxes to satisfy the fans so it made easy money. If you think Spirited Away is mediocre then you probably should also think Mononoke was mediocre. Both of them are too long and they have simple stories, but the length and animation quality impresses people who care about art and the simple story is good to keep kids watching. It was a printing press for money.

literally who?

Laputa is still their best

Fr fr dog no cap

I did think Mononoke was just meh alongside Ponyo and Howls which are the other films people seem to lose their shit over. Porco Rosso and Laputa were amazing and I like Miyazaki's proto-Ghibli works. I also like everything from Takahata.

>Nausica is better
Nausica sent me to sleep in the first 20 minutes i dont want to imagine whay chihiro will do to me lmao allof those are pretentious girl anime shit tier

Oshii claimed Spirited Away was Miyazaki's masterpiece for sure in his Ghibli book.

Watch Ronja the Robber's Daughter, it's not really great animation, but the story slowly pulled me in until I was hooked on it. Great character designs and world-building too.

Posting a superior movie

Attached: 56EB48ED-DE7E-41F9-A837-9EEBC228A84F.jpg (2000x3000, 573.9K)

I like Oshii, but I don't agree that Spirited Away is the best thing by Miyazaki. I don't even think it's in the top 5. I thought he (Oshii) said that Castle in the Sky was better anyway.

Oshii used to say Laputa was his favorite. Then changed it to Howl's. But he apparently still thinks Spirited Away is the masterpiece.

JS MC UOH

Do zooms zooms really?