Harem animes are pathetic

I used to eat this shit up in highschool. Revisiting this genre as an adult makes me realize how completely virginpilled it is. MC is always a lonely loser with no friends and no redeeming qualities but suddenly gorgeous women full of vigor and life are thrust into his life and give him purpose. Is everyone watching this just desperately gorging themselves in the delusional fantasy that one day this might happen to them too? I know I used to. A word of advice: If you ever meet women who watch anime, which you will, don't tell them you watch this dogshit genre. You'll be throwing out your chance at befriending a girl who shares your hobbies by immediately exposing how touchstarved you are and how you probably perceive women as objects.

Attached: moeshit.png (1097x616, 552.73K)

Getting mad at cartoons is move pathetic.

I'm not getting mad at cartoons. I'm getting mad mainly at myself for previously being part of the target audience that has the required personality defect to enjoy this genre, and going on a rant about it on Any Forums in hopes that some kindred spirit of my old self will see it and start to question his own motivations for enjoying such a show.

good thing I hate women, never watch a harem anime in my life

Pic unrelated?

yeah what OP meant are rom-com and harem

Okay but this isn't a harem anime. It's just those two who like each other

Harem is LE BAD

>harem

That's cool OP. I'm still going to masturbate to Marin though.

additionally, this genre could be completely different with one subtle but fundamental change. If the MC was the one to initiate the action that brought change into his life, it would teach the audience that they can take control of the life they're dissatisfied with. For example, if the MC were to deliberately start up a conversation with the cute girl, or if he were to try reaching out to someone else who seemed lonely, anything out of his comfort zone really. Instead, it is always the girl or spectacular circumstance that forces the change into his life and all he has to do is passively go along with it. Of course, the reason it is this way is because that way is far more appealing to LARPers who want to imagine that silently hoping into the void and staying within their cozy failure-safe bubble of inaction will bring them the change they want.

I hate to break it to you, but you sound more like the one that can't separate anime and reality.

kill yourself tourist

Fair enough. I watched 3 minutes of this show and assumed it was headed in the direction of a harem and paused to post this. If it isn't a harem then that's my mistake but it doesn't change what I'm saying

>MC is always a lonely loser with no friends and no redeeming qualities but suddenly gorgeous women full of vigor and life are thrust into his life and give him purpose
yup. manic pixie dream girl

elaborate? seems like a fairly random claim to make

Attached: 1604594394706.jpg (720x704, 64.28K)

I dunno man, OP literally said that won't happen in real life though

>Fair enough. I watched 3 minutes of this show and assumed it was headed in the direction of a harem and paused to post this.
Jesus fucking christ. The absolute state of this website.

You seem to be making wild assumptions about the audience and how they perceive what they're watching.

I never intended to be ranting about this specific show, I knew there was a good chance my criticisms wouldn't even apply to it when I posted. You can consider the picture unrelated. I believe everything I said still stands with regards to the harem genre even if it doesn't apply to this show in particular.

Attached: 7-70904_anime-girl-confused-png-anime-girl-face-png.png (860x908, 172.2K)

> MC is always a lonely loser with no friends and no redeeming qualities

Gojo is a talented artisan who can make a high quality cosplay dress in less than two weeks, whilst also caring for his injured grandfather and also studying for his exams. He is literally a superior man who just had some trouble relating to his peers due to having a esoteric interest.

I'm breaking down what is essentially my opinion on why these shows get the popularity that they do. A similar rant could exist about how isekais exploit feeling of wasted potential by providing a fantasy world in which they have a second chance. You can feel free to disagree with me but I'm not making wild assumptions, I'm just explaining what I imagine has to be true about the target audience based on what one would generally find this genre attractive.

yes, just like romcoms (your pic)
i can enjoy this from time to time but ultimately these genres are trash

>You can consider the picture unrelated
Impossible. Most people will post in this thread because you used this specific anime.

you're right, I was being harsh. But it doesn't change the fundamental problem that he is upset with his life but doesn't have the courage to initiate his own change, and instead has the change he wanted brought to him on a silver platter via circumstance and a manic pixie dream girl. (disclaimer: I know nothing about our female lead so far so I don't know if she's a manic pixie dream girl)

WHY THE FUCK WE NEED 4 THREADS ABOUT THIS FUCKING WHORE

nice osu lucky for me ig

Attached: headphones_2.jpg (259x224, 10.58K)

BECAUSE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX

Any Forumscels like her