What's wrong with using anime charts to cultivate taste Any Forums?

What's wrong with using anime charts to cultivate taste Any Forums?

Attached: j2NXLc9.png (2330x4100, 2.89M)

You need to be 18 to post here.

They’re made by retards

Attached: Before you post.jpg (2835x3127, 3.99M)

People get salty taht you get access to all the good shows right away instead of putting in effort like they did.

just watch dragon ball, only good anime

You're following other people's tastes, not cultivating your own.

Oldshit isn’t good retard. These are troll charts that make people waste their time on ugly and boring stories they would waste on fun modern moe anime instead

This but unironically. The only good anime from the 80s if watched at 2x speed

Or they are plebs salty people are watching good shows and not the latest flavor of the month that gigguk is talking about

Do you never get tired of making this same thread over and over, OP?

Nothing. I have a folder of dozens of these charts collected from 15 years of browsing Any Forums. I autistically edit the images to fade out the ones I've seen and whenever I want to watch anime I go back to this collection for a rec.

You let other people dictate your taste, you are a sheep.

I used to do this with music, I still have all the pics. It was a great way to gather recs but after listening to so much music eventually it was hard to find anything great anymore. Maybe someday I'll finish out all those charts I saved but I doubt it.

>to cultivate taste
How would you do that by trustind charts you found randomly on the internet

Just how you would cultivate tatse in literature by readimg the western canon, taste in films by looking up TSPDT and taste in music by following pitchfork and Any Forums charts.

This is true, mentally my IQ is lower than the average person, but I still made an anime chart. Worth it tho

Post the chart you made

Watching something that was recommended doesn't mean you will like it, you raging faggot.

Because to cultivate taste you have to get a broad familiar with many things, good and bad. A chart is perfect for that. Feeling you need to tick off certain items forces you to broaden what you give a try upfront so you can cultivate real taste and then have enough knowledge to be able to find the real good shit on your own. There are many classics in any medium that your average person would never check out if they weren't on every list and chart of recs. And while most people who check it out may never get it, those that do get to discover a whole new world of art they would have otherwise never been exposed to.

You'd have to be a sheep to "cultivate" your taste like this, though, ESL.

>Feeling you need to tick off certain items forces you
Why would you feel that need? Are you autistic?
Why do you trust the chart so much?