Bishounen

Why do women like men in anime/manga drawn like women? Gender chauvinism?

Attached: Hotohori.jpg (1171x1600, 392.38K)

Because it's the epitome of human evolution
The beauty and grace of a woman, yet the strength and body of a man
The bishounen is peak performance

fpbp

These guys are the male equivalent of a tomboy. And just like some men like tomboys, some women like bishounen.

The real question is, why they're so predominant in shoujo. Because not ALL women who read shoujo like that one type of guy. But they're used in 99% of them. Usually as the main guy. They should have more variety. But I suppose it's the same as how most shounen use the same Hollywood generic body for the main female characters.

Basically, it's laziness and tropes.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ore Monogatari!! - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_20.05_[2020.12.19_23.37.21].jpg (1920x1080, 87.87K)

it's because twinks are cute, you stupid faggot

>some women like bishounen
most of them do

It would be interesting to take a study. But from my view, most actually don't. Even my female friends who read shoujo a lot. They tend to go for the big gruff bad boys (usually the villain) or the shy guys.

It's clearly a cultural thing, compare shoujo leads to the covers of romance novels.
The west, americans in particular, want strict masculine guys, eastern cultures preferred androgynous.

Obviously this is a generalization and the western taste is changing because of the impact of anime on one hand and 90s fantasy like Harry Potter.

Attached: our_conversation_1.jpg (1000x1500, 237.14K)

>impact of anime on one hand and 90s fantasy like Harry Potter.
and k-pop kek

What a straight guy finds hot in guys (and then projects as something all humans find attractive) is very different from what actual women thinks is attractive. This shouldn't be something so hard to grasp.

Many of those romance novels also have feminine guys on the cover (especially after Twilight). But the typical Fabio cover you described is pretty much a direct parallel to OP image. The typical Bishounen male.

I think its universal across all regions. But this also means the same amount of women both inside and outside Japan like gruff "manly" men, bad boys, shy guys, silly guys, etc. It's just that Japanese media has pushed the pretty boys and bishounen more. While western media pushes the muscle clad idiots and dorks more. And both markets are missing a huge chunk of potential fans.

Women who want athletic men can watch sports anime.

That's like saying men who want tomboys can just go watch sports anime with girls. A lot of harem and shounen anime that have no sports still put tomboys in there because they're a common fetish. Shoujo can do the same (and the good ones do).

Attached: 1299226279447.gif (337x336, 654.49K)

>can just go watch sports anime with girls
You don't know what you're talking about, do you? You're just replying for the sake of replying now. Typical female landwhale. Go troll somewhere else.

Are you an idiot? Or just trying to deflect from the argument?

Attached: 91JdzvaB-GL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 558.48K)

Das rite. Where are my trannysisters at? We simply are the peak performance.

>not 80s heartthrovs like the amps in intrrview with a vampire or some of the more pretty boys from old television
>not the adaptation of lord of the goddamn rings and how people got invested in legolas
Man you'd be surprised to see how many delicate looking men existed in literature and just how many girls ended up liking them

No woman above the age of 18 finds pretty boys attractive. Stop reading schlock aimed at teenage girls

Attached: 0010-009.jpg (681x1044, 175.08K)

>t. man

Yeah, all those shitty prime time and hallmark shows are clearly made for pre teen girls.

too bad those have neither

this guy.
it's all his fault.

Attached: DqApypTUwAAAAOb.jpg (376x376, 29.57K)