How has it been 27 years without another anime as philosophical as Evangelion?

How has it been 27 years without another anime as philosophical as Evangelion?

What does this mean for the anime medium?

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion_181127_182332.jpg (1600x1000, 323.71K)

watch more anime

>Implying Madoka wasn't twice as deep as NGE

Attached: 1444418589663.jpg (680x680, 108.04K)

casshern sins

>27 years? What a fucking retard let me che-
Oh God

Shimeji Simulation is currently running though.
>tfw it's been 2777 years since Evangelion

Attached: ShimejiYomiBeautiful.png (497x1529, 387.37K)

Okay, I'll bite. What's deep about these 2 superhero shows?

>there are people browsing this board right now who have never watched Eva

Attached: shiggy eva.jpg (890x890, 221.73K)

Absolutely nothing. Baby's intro to very basic philosophy and Any Forumsutists think they're deep because they've never read a book in their lives.

>hurr so basic so shallow

Always takes less than 10 posts for you fags to show up

yeah because it's true and you know it

>Eva
>Philosophical
Are you retarded? It was hardly philosophical, nor deep. Literally just a show about the effects of mental illness and how it affects people, their choices, their interactions, etc. Anyone who didn't understand NGE, nor connect with it in any way was not the target audience. You were there for the ride, but the ride was not meant for you. You might have enjoyed it, you might have hated it, but the fact is, if you have to try and explain a show about depression with essays about how deep and philosophical it is, you're just coping with the fact that you want to understand something you weren't meant to understand.

Given how depressed the general population in Japan is, it's no wonder it became a cultural phenomenon over there. People pissed at rebuild's ending are also faggots who want to remain depressed, even though the message was pretty fucking obvious. With support and hard work, you can manage your depression and find your own happiness, even if it seems impossible at times.

i aint watching that boomer shit

Your taste in anime is as good as a shoe in the mud

Based understander, Eva was always very straightforward with it's messages and themes

Replace "philosophical" with "personal" and/or "cinematic" and you're actually correct.

It's a chinese cartoon shut the fuck up faggot.

I don't care about your 2deep4u meme bullshit. I find it far more interesting how EVA changed the way how anime is aired.

what anime do u like?

The point of Evangelion was to narrate the story of the medium up until that point. How did get past so many people? It's literally in the title.

I think there are plenty of similarly philosophical anime,but Eva is something special.The later episodes are pure irresolvable analysis bait, but it just tickles the most schizophrenic pattern seeking part of my brain. Feels like falling into the deep sea.