ITT: anime you'd recommend to anyone

I'm not trying to hate on Evangelion, in fact it's one of my favorites, but it's one of those series that I think is a good anime for beginners much like Cowboy Bebop, Akira, or most popular modern shounen series like KnY or SnK

Attached: evangelion.jpg (1920x1080, 402.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2dY4Y43WmXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eva is popular but it's convoluted as fuck. Unless your bros are already coomers I wouldn't use this as their gateway anime

super intense lovemaking marital sexual intercourse and deep unprotected nakadashi with leg locking with the young girls of evangelion and Mari too in the same bed and the same night

Revue Starlight. Loveable character designs, gorgeous animation and choreography(for the first half anyway), well-done sound design and music-plot integration, surprisingly tight writing, excellent direction.

It's my favorite anime and I shill it to anyone I talk to.

Attached: nana.webm (1280x536, 1.8M)

I think it has just a touch too many animeisms to recommend as someone's first anime. It works best when juxtaposed with at least one light hearted/hot blooded mecha anime and one ecchi romcom to get a better sense of when its trying to evoke something and set up your expectations this way and that.

Attached: 1344324415690.jpg (604x453, 37.38K)

idk my perspective might be skewed because I first watched Eva with my older brother when I was way too young but I think it definitely appeals to a wide audience outside of just otaku. It got popular in Japan for a reason and I think a large part of that is how compelling the characters are

>recommending anime
Just look it up yourself.

ah my goddess

>how compelling the characters
1st watched when I was 19. Did not think any of the characters were compelling. The only characters I like from this series are rebuild Kaworu and farmer Rei.
Outside of fanservice I struggle to understand how Eva is so popular and anons here haven't done a good job helping me.

>trips
Nice. It might not work as a first anime for some people but I'd definitely put it in my top 10 anime for beginners. I vary my recommendations based on what they already like so I'd recommend Eva to someone who likes stuff like Fight Club or No Country for Old Men

>or the first half anyway
You lost normalfags there.

Easy. Everyone, anime fan or not, should watch PPTA.
Hell, I get most people on board just by sending them bits from the soundtrack.
youtu.be/2dY4Y43WmXc

Attached: peco.gif (600x338, 966.91K)

G Gundam

what's the recommended watch order for a wannabe gundam fan who's only watched IBO?

Boku no Pico for starters

Mobile Suit Gundam original then Zeta then ZZ and Chars counterattack if you want the actual mainline UC gundam stuff
The other series that are alternate universe don't really have an order

>I'm not trying to hate on Evangelion, in fact it's one of my favorites, but it's one of those series that I think is a good anime for beginners
I don't see hows that supposed to be a insult

a lot of autists on Any Forums think that describing an anime as "for beginners" means it's bad

I've recommended HxH to many people and almost all of them have loved it

Well, the thing about Eva is that some of it's storytelling is unconventional with it's focus on the characters. To this day, there are people that hate EVA because they go in with the idea the story will focus on the plot side of things instead of the character side, and then get disappointed. I imagine it'll be even worse for people who haven't even breached the medium itself.

I think Redline is a good entry anime. Not too long, great visuals, very expressive, easy-to-follow plot.

Attached: 1591221964409.webm (640x360, 2.7M)

Darker than Black

Trigun is nice to reccomend

Plot informs the stakes and character decisions. If I don't understand that then the characters mean fuck all