Was it always this garbage?

I have fond childhood memories of DBZ Frieza saga. Was it always pure trash and I was just a dumb kid?

Attached: Goku-vs.-Beerus-battle-of-gods-1.jpg (1400x700, 74.81K)

No, everything made after Z has been a blatant decrease in quality. Whether it's rehashing the same shit as before but worse or taking new ideas that just don't work, DBS is straight up crap.

Battle of Gods isn't as good as the original manga but I wouldn't call it trash; it's a pretty unique mix of daily live silliness and action and I personally enjoyed it. Art/animation-wise it could've been far better outside of the finale though.

I like the idea of Beerus as a god of destruction fighting Goku, the embodiment of constructive sportsmanlike violence. Feels like the staff "got" DB.

It was always garbage, yes, but it was not always this level of garbage.

DBZ? Never good
OG DB? Timeless kino

Mentally sane people all over the world including Japan consider DB a classic series and you're all still stuck in the 2000s

Attached: a83c106fa0b82b0196a64b668e279f6d.jpg (828x1200, 194.3K)

DB = Excellent
DBZ = Excellent
DB GT = Average
DBS = Shit

Attached: 9tgny1v4l2541.jpg (291x191, 6.44K)

I used to be like you but then I stopped being 15. Buu saga is at least as good as the kid goku stuff if not better.

Attached: e038e59a38d0e02e41b52e30a629ee14.jpg (2048x1283, 765.2K)

Battles of Gods was good
Resurrection F sucked ass

>gets filtered by DB of all things
wow user maybe anime isn't for you.

No, DBZ had aesthetic and charm, DBS is dumb, especially at the beginning.
That being said I feel like DBS is so stupid and so silly that it is pretty entertaining despite being pretty low quality. I also feel like it captures the dragon ball vibe pretty well

@234883903
>DB = fun and comfy
>DBZ = Profound allegory
>DB GT = Absolute pinnacle of spirituality and karmic beliefe
>DBS = So bad it's good

>@
>shit take
Silence, filth.

DBS is too bad to be so bad that its good. Then it goes the extra mile, pushing into never before seen territory, beyond too bad to be so bad it's good. Then DBS becomes so bad that it's too bad to be too bad to be good, and it becomes excellent, in how astutely and efficiently it is bad

>take
Just say you're 15 next time

>projecting

>Was it always pure trash
Yes. Congrats for growing up.

Yes.

All this GT revisionism makes me sick.

Dragonball Z has always been a few amazing moments, largely lost nowadays as those tropes it pioneered have been done to death (often by itself...) separated by long stretches of horrible filler. Subsequent arcs have fewer kino moments and more meaningless ones.

Saiyan saga was compact and had lots of twists with very little wasted time.

Frieza saga had some of the best plotlines and characters, but Jesus Christ does it drag on and on and on. How many zenkais does Vegeta get??

Android/Cell saga has a couple memorable characters, but a whole bunch of unimportant ones. It took Tori a while to get shit "right". It has one of the best payoffs as to Gohan's character development though.

Buu arc was just... goddamn. Like there were a few neat things, and Buu as a concept wasn't horrible, and fusion was kind of neat. But seriously the entire saga feels like filler at times. Like we're just waiting for shit to get to the part where Goku saves the day like fucking always. You know every time that Buu isn't going to be defeated because it isn't Goku fighting.

Buu saga had the best conclusion out of all of them
it reminds me of the chimera ant arc, it filters those of low iq

1. Dragonball
9001. Everything else

Attached: 164618924153269.png (433x323, 209.87K)