Does Any Forums still remember the UNTZ?

Does Any Forums still remember the UNTZ?
youtu.be/u_XjIRuAoqk

Attached: hei-darker-than-black.jpg (640x360, 21.98K)

Chinese Electric Batman lives in my heart forever. This was one of the first not SUPER mainstream shows. It was kino

For me it's Galaxy Train.

When will they make a season 2 already?

God only knows, user.

Attached: 1638017988743.jpg (640x565, 62.54K)

I love this show. Someone keeps posting a copypasta about how its basically neo noir and I love it for that.
I wish there was more urban science fantasy like it that is more grounded and down to earth.

it took some inspiration from roadside picnic, you can read it if you haven't.

I am just finishing up rewatching S2, I still enjoy it more than S1 and will forever be mad we're not getting S3.

Attached: chinese electric batman.jpg (1200x768, 719.8K)

Weren't the involve in this title in the talks for a threequel?

>trusting bones in handling sequels of their own original works
>ever

>UNTZ
This is one of the more annoying of the old memes. I hope the people who posted those threads have all died of vax side effects.

Hamburger-kun...

Suou ruined S2.

>Stuck with hobo Hei for god knows how long
>But then you get to the airport scene
>Seeing flashes that he's still got it with galaxy train blasting in the background
It somewhat salvaged the season for me.
Though it wasn't enough.

My mind was blown when I found out he was Chinese. Really makes you think

Attached: 98gw62cv80vz.png (2518x1024, 424.82K)

"Hei" and "Li Shengshun" didn't clue you in immediately?

For me, it was the reveal that Yin was binnish. I assumed she was just also Chinese but with the white anime hair because of her Chinese alias.

S1 was obviously better, but if S2 was a stand alone series, with no connection to the original series, do you think you'd like it? Was it really that bad?

Attached: 1272566527687.png (640x1080, 874.15K)

I enjoyed Season 2 even with the connection to Season 1. The real shame is simply no Season 3 now that Hei got his shit together again.

S2's biggest problems are its pacing and its short run length, feeling like it barely had time to flesh out or at least make interesting the concepts it added before ending everything unsatisfactorily. Plus it barely had any of the noir qualities that made S1 enjoyable for people whether they were aware of them or not.
S2 being unremembered for being shit is just a meme that never went away, but a meme that spawned from affection towards the first season in the first place. It was a big disappointment is all.
When you look at it devoid of context S2 isn't as shit as people make it out to be, and is probably better standalone than a lot of shows airing today. Hell, people still fondly remember the OST or memes like burger-kun or lightsaber lesbian or domestic violence Hei.
At the end of the day though, S2 dropped the ball and can't escape S1's shadow. Truly a Bones sequel.

Man this show throws me back. I think I'll give it a rewatch tonight. The fights were too kino.