Loud and passionate character has fire abilities

>loud and passionate character has fire abilities
>calm and composed character has water abilities
This is such a tired trope, yet so rarely subverted. Why?

Attached: download.jpg (2400x1360, 190.7K)

because it's cool
just because it's a trope doesn't mean it's shit

>UMAI!

>characters traits complement one another
>trope
I hope this is the dumbest thing I read on Any Forums today.

>>characters traits complement one another
How so?

>based character has water abilities

Attached: tobirama.jpg (1412x840, 86.4K)

Humany have ascribed traits to the elements since the dawn of civilization.

This is how you get isekai nowadays

>well what's your idea for a story
>I dunno man isn't it weird how fiery people get fire powers and cool people get water powers, what if it like reversed
>I'M A FIERY HOTHEAD REINCARNATED IN ANOTHER WORLD BUT I HAVE WATER ABILITIES???? vol 1

>I'M A FIERY HOTHEAD REINCARNATED IN ANOTHER WORLD BUT I HAVE WATER ABILITIES????
kek
I fucking hate these titles...

Yes, but it's more subtle than the "water calm, fire obnoxious, earth boring, air whatever" that anime usually goes for.

>Brown's chief ambition in life is to be original, and his method of obtaining the original is to take the unoriginal and turn it upside down.
>If Brown were given a little planet of his own to do as he liked with, he would call day, night, and summer, winter. He would make all his men and women walk on their heads and shake hands with their feet, his trees would grow with their roots in the air, and the old cock would lay all the eggs while the hens sat on the fence and crowed. Then he would step back and say, "See what an original world I have created, entirely my own idea!"

Probably because it makes sense
If you wanted to subvert it you'd have to come up with a meaningful way to do it that also makes sense

It makes sense because you're used to it. In classical models (greek, alchemical, whatever), fire was never confined to being the hothead element. Fire also symbolizes change, the spirit, it was considered the highest or most noble element in greek philosophy, etc. There are many things you can do with it beyond the "loud and steadfast hero" archetype, and that's true of all classical elements.

Good thing that we have the best boy then.

Attached: 1643889311694.png (1176x1744, 1.11M)

One thing I think people don't understand about writing, or more specifically anime, is that you can do nothing new and still make a good show. This is particularly true when you consider that, even in Japan very few people have any depth of knowledge about more than 5-10 shows and anime is way more mainstream here than anywhere else. (Think Sazae-san, Doraemon, Anpanman, Kimetsu, Jujutsu, AoT and then a random few others).

If you take concepts that have worked and make sense to people because they're intuitive, and execute it really really well, maybe play with a few details to make it not look like a complete cut and paste and that can be enough to make a series a hit.That's what Kimetsu is and it's been insanely successful.

Air is usually calm, they gave that to an insane man

>flaming faggot

Because he was wind, the razor kind.

ghiaccio from jojo

You could play it as chaos or chaos. Feel like water has that potential too.

Wind doesn't cut, water does

>IS THAT A CONVENTION?
>I MUST SUBVEEEEERT
the modern west is diseased

Fuck off, dumb fuck. The fire = obnoxious archetype is not some kind of perennial intuitive truth, your mind is rotted by the very modern tropes you think you're fighting against. 2016 tourists are braindead

>NOOO IM NOT SWIMMING AGAINST THE CURRENT, IM JUST STRUGGLING BECAUSE EVERYONE THINKS THERES A CURRENT
you will be crushed by the weight of the world, subvertive

Your incoherent babble is meaningless

>Wind doesn't cut
lol

you are afraid and thats a good thing

Afraid of what? Not a retarded faggot like you that's for sure